Recommendations please, which games should I buy for wii?

Logan's Lady

Say you’ll hold...
Reaction score
Hey All!

My husband bought a wii about a month ago and we have:

GT Racing
Wii Play
Wii Sports
Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I Love the old Supermario brothers Games like SMB1, 2, 3 for the NES. But I never played any of the Mario games for SNES.

Also have and old PS with Sypro, Rampage, Tomb Raider, Crash Team Racing.
I was wondering if any of the new games like Paper Mario are like the old SMB 1-3? What family friendly games are out there for wii? And, is it true that games for other systems can be played on wii?
I'm not interested in any of the shoot 'em up blood and guts everywhere games really.

Thanks for any help!

Hi there!

Firstly Super Paper Mario is sort of a cross between an RPG and platformer. Should be a good bet as a quality family type game though.

• One major recommendation I would make is Wario-ware. For the family thing, this will have everyone playing. Its made up of about a hundred mini games, each lasts about 5 seconds, getting you to use the remote in lots of innovative ways. Its seriously compulsive.
  • Mario Strikers Football is great, and the Wii's only online title at the moment, however it can get very hard.
  • Legend Of Zelda is (as always) amazing, but depends if you like putting in all those hours on an RPG, or whether you prefer pick up and play games.
  • Look out for Super Mario Galaxy when it comes out which is sure to be awsome.
Don't forget if you get your Wii online you can download loads of old games. :yay:

Whoops - forgot to add. You can play Gamecube games on the Wii, providing you have a Gamecube controller and memory card to save the games. The Virtual Console download service (online) allows you to download NES, Super NES, Megadrive, Nintendo 64 and Turbografx games. Hope this helps!

Thank you SO much for the input!
I don't know how to get our wii online. We only currently have dial up modem for our computer. And, if it costs anything extra per month I can tell you I KNOW we will not be getting it online. We don't have a gamecube controller. We only have wii and the origional Sony Playstation.
I was looking at super paper mario at the video store. I saw it said one player though. I would love games that are at least 2 player. I might have to rent that game next time to see if it's worth the $50 investment.

Again thanks for the helpful info. If anyone else has ideas let me know .

Online does not cost anything extra but with dial up it could pose a problem

another good family game might be Mario Party 8
and for good multiplayer fun, although calling it a family game might be pushing it, Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out in December and is one of the most anticipated games

What is the Rayman Raving Rabids game about?

I don't know anything about Rayman.

Raving Rabbids is collection of mini games.

Guess I need to head out to the local movie rental place and rent some of these before I go spend money on them. $50 a pop is not worth it to me if I end up hating the game.
Does anyone know about the Zelda game for wii? I think it's called Twilight Princess? I'm sure there's a thread somewhere around here about it. Gonna go searching! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"