Revisiting Catwoman (CINO)

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score

Decided to revisit this "masterpiece" today after Halle Berrys recent tiktok

Everything about it is dated from the S1 RPDR filter, to the CGI city, CGI moves to have Catwoman move unrealistically.
VSd-X8.gif

Patience literally has a Cat breathe new life into her
UuKC.gif

And then they go all Buffy on us and "into every generation there is a Catwoman, one chosen to fight evil, drink milk, and eat catnip"

The film is so bad that its enjoyable lol. It certainly has made me laugh.
bkeaSs.gif

I have nothing to add except that Halle is still fine as hell after all these years and Saweetie did her justice.

As for the movie… if they had the balls to actually let Halle be Selina Kyle, it would’ve been so much better.

Halle Berry carried the movie.

I have nothing good to say about this film, other than it reminds me of my teenage years, when I watched movies with my mom.

And I think it was also my 1st Dc movie I've seen in a theater.

Honestly, I enjoy watching it. It’s not a very good film, but I appreciate the campiness and the cheese factor of it. Halle looked fab, as did Sharon Stone.

I don’t even consider it a guilty pleasure. I do genuinely enjoy it because it’s so ridiculous.

And LOL to S1 Drag Race filter. I love a good Vaseline lens.

I like it quite a bit... probably for all the wrong reasons. Halle Berry is great in it and it's so early 00's, I just can't hate it.

It bad, but it has a certain cheesy charm.

I don’t think it’s the worst superhero movie or even the worst DC film.

The score is actually pretty dang good as well.

I still remember when Ashley Judd was attached to the role. That could have been good.

Never made it through the whole film.

I like it quite a bit... probably for all the wrong reasons. Halle Berry is great in it and it's so early 00's, I just can't hate it.

It bad, but it has a certain cheesy charm.

It's definitely like a high budget Birds of Prey (tv series)

I still remember when Ashley Judd was attached to the role. That could have been good.

And then Nicole Kidman.

You should check out the script that’s floating around for a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman spin-off. Tim Burton was coming back as director too.

It would have been awesome to have a faithful Catwoman movie in 2004 centered around Selina Kyle, starring Halle Berry or whoever.

But CINO gave us the song ‘Scandalous’ too so that’s one for the plus column.

It’s not a great film at all and been awhile since I last watched it but I remember having a good time as a kid watching it. Its nice that 17 years later she is seeing some love on Twitter for it as she definitely wasn’t receiving much love when it came out.

I remember the days when this movie had its own sub forum here. Comedy gold in that place.

*Shrug* I never thought it was, though bad, that terrible, a lot of the harshness pretty excessive.

Aside from that the character wasn't Selina, wasn't in Gotham and didn't have Batman the main complaint seems to be that it was just too goofy ... and it was but I (who enjoy goofy humor at times) thought that was hit-and-miss rather than all bad.

A pretty awful movie. Hated it when it came out. I tried to rewatch it last year, still awful.

That gif of Halle deliberately shaking her ass as she walks along the rooftop sums up the whole movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"