Richard Linklater's "Before..." trilogy

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
I've been searching for a thread pertaining to this movie, but didn't find it. With the news of Linklater quietly wrapping Before Midnight, the third film in the series that began with Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, I guess we can start talking about all three films.

According to Deadline, Linklater and actors Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy quietly shot Before Midnight in Greece. The production just wrapped late last night, so there's no sizzle reel or anything like that.

After the slice of perfection that was Before Sunrise and the pleasant-but-disappointing Before Sunset... hopefully this third film will be a nice capper to the story.

I'm amped :D and definitely wanna know what happened after Before Sunset ended and what lead to this one. I loved Sunset even more than Sunrise

I just read about this on The A.V. Club, and was going to post or start a thread aboout it. I adore Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, so I'm mostly feeling good about this news. I am also a bit skeptical, because I don't know that we need a third; either it's this beautifully crafted trilogy-that-wasn't-planned-as-a-trilogy or it's a formula that shouldn't have become a formula. That's just me worrying; I do have faith that Linklater, Hawke, and Delpy have added something worthwhile to this series here, and I look forward to seeing it.

This is quite possibly the most awesome trilogy of all time.

I preferred Sunset over Sunrise, but I've been anxiously awaiting Midnight. I did get spoiled a little already by reviews, but still looking forward to it.

It's quite a pleasant surprise that there's going to be a third one, I really like the first two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"