Ridin’ with Biden

I thought a court just upheld it. Is this a higher court than that? I hate this ping pong crap. :(

There are two cases. Both at the base, level it seems, though SCOTUS did an administrative stay on the other one. The big issue is this is going to go the bat**** insane 5th circuit, and no matter what the other court decides, will have to go to SCOTUS, which, good luck there...

There are two cases. Both at the base, level it seems, though SCOTUS did an administrative stay on the other one. The big issue is this is going to go the bat**** insane 5th circuit, and no matter what the other court decides, will have to go to SCOTUS, which, good luck there...
Yeah we all knew this was going to get contested, but imagine being the group that told students to **** themselves and expect them to vote for your side? The GOP are actively alienating the youth vote with this.

So what are people's feelings towards Biden going up against DeSantis who is a pragmatic fascist who will run on being against woke-ism?

So what are people's feelings towards Biden going up against DeSantis who is a pragmatic fascist who will run on being against woke-ism?

It might be 2016 all over again.

Biden won't be able to counter as strong as Obama would.

We really need a younger Democrat leader who's a great speaker who inspires young people.

I'm not saying Obama was perfect but he was great at general elections.

A lot of my friends who voted Biden now feel he is getting too old and won't be well equipped to handle another term. I also don't think he'd be the strongest candidate. I'd still vote for him, or any D of course, but can't say the same for my friends or others. That is the problem, DeSantis has the potential to win over more people because he isn't insane like Trump and is much better composed. The next election is going to be a lot tighter I think.

Still, I feel the only person who has a chance of blowing any R out of the water is Michelle Obama, but that ain't happening unfortunately.

A lot of my friends who voted Biden now feel he is getting too old and won't be well equipped to handle another term. I also don't think he'd be the strongest candidate. I'd still vote for him, or any D of course, but can't say the same for my friends or others. That is the problem, DeSantis has the potential to win over more people because he isn't insane like Trump and is much better composed. The next election is going to be a lot tighter I think.

Still, I feel the only person who has a chance of blowing any R out of the water is Michelle Obama, but that ain't happening unfortunately.

I "think" that if Trump were to lose to DeSantis, he would cry foul and run a 3rd party candidacy to make money off the suckers. This would sink the republican chances no matter who ran.

I also think that Newsom is the strongest candidate the Dems could run. I've heard people say that Cali has a rotten reputation; and in a lot of red states, that's true. That being said, the economy here is working and we've gotten a lot of good programs funded in a heavily blue state. It's also poised to overtake Germany as the 4th largest economy in the world.

He is smart, articulate, and would appeal to a lot of people. That being said, he has/had terrible taste in women....he married Kimberly Guilfoyle. :barf: :funny:

I thought Newsom already said he didn't want to run for President. Maybe if Biden is willing to step down he'll change his mind.

I thought Newsom already said he didn't want to run for President. Maybe if Biden is willing to step down he'll change his mind.
After this election, there's no way in the world that Biden is stepping away. Gavin is looking towards 2028.

I "think" that if Trump were to lose to DeSantis, he would cry foul and run a 3rd party candidacy to make money off the suckers. This would sink the republican chances no matter who ran.

That is the dream scenario.

That is the dream scenario.
But not entirely unrealistic given Trump's sociopathic condition. He cares nothing about anything but himself. He either wins or burns everything to the ground.

But not entirely unrealistic given Trump's sociopathic condition. He cares nothing about anything but himself. He either wins or burns everything to the ground.
Let's hope he burns the MAGA Republicans to the ground.

I also think that Newsom is the strongest candidate the Dems could run. I've heard people say that Cali has a rotten reputation; and in a lot of red states, that's true. That being said, the economy here is working and we've gotten a lot of good programs funded in a heavily blue state. It's also poised to overtake Germany as the 4th largest economy in the world.

He is smart, articulate, and would appeal to a lot of people. That being said, he has/had terrible taste in women....he married Kimberly Guilfoyle. :barf: :funny:

Disagree. I think Whitmer and Shapiro are stronger candidates. Sure, not quite as progressive, but has shown stronger down ballot support.

Disagree. I think Whitmer and Shapiro are stronger candidates. Sure, not quite as progressive, but has shown stronger down ballot support.
You could be right and I suspect we'll see in 2028. At this point, I think Biden is a lock for 24; especially if the economy perks up (and I think it will). The main thing is that Trump will either get the repub nomination or burn the party to the ground (which is what it needs). In either case, I don't see Biden losing if either of those scenarios play out.

You generally never know who is going to emerge in the presidential primaries. Who would have thought Bill Clinton would get the nomination when it was early in the primaries. The sad fact is that there are a lot of people who don't want a woman or a Jewish person to be president, but hopefully we can get beyond that.

I don't put much stock in down ballot support if I understand you correctly. It's virtually impossible for a repub to get elected to a statewide office in California, but I think that is more of a result of the electorate than the candidate.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

You could be right and I suspect we'll see in 2028. At this point, I think Biden is a lock for 24; especially if the economy perks up (and I think it will). The main thing is that Trump will either get the repub nomination or burn the party to the ground (which is what it needs). In either case, I don't see Biden losing if either of those scenarios play out.

You generally never know who is going to emerge in the presidential primaries. Who would have thought Bill Clinton would get the nomination when it was early in the primaries. The sad fact is that there are a lot of people who don't want a woman or a Jewish person to be president, but hopefully we can get beyond that.

I don't put much stock in down ballot support if I understand you correctly. It's virtually impossible for a repub to get elected to a statewide office in California, but I think that is more of a result of the electorate than the candidate.
A straight white man being in power was able to stave off what many considered Republicans retaking both chambers of Congress, but as soon as a black man was thrown into the equation the right came out in droves to stop him.

It’s definitely gone from Republicans wanting Cheetoh to run and Dems not to Republicans wa thing him to step aside and Dems want him to be the spoiler
If Trump runs and wins the nomination without getting cosy with DeSantis again, there will be some serious fireworks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"