Ridin’ with Biden

I live in Ohio this state is run by Maga Republicans, they will do whatever they can to re-elect trump, this has never happened in our history and while Biden would likely lose here since we are no longer a purple state it does take away votes from the general election or popular vote from this state, i have not heard anything yet on what groups are doing to try to get the President back on the ballot, as i said, Trumps primary here was the same day as Bidens but they are claiming least in what i have read that Bidens was to close to the election, but Trumps wasnt? Ive never seen such an effort made to undermine our elections as Republicans have been doing, especially here in Ohio

I live in Ohio this state is run by Maga Republicans, they will do whatever they can to re-elect trump, this has never happened in our history and while Biden would likely lose here since we are no longer a purple state it does take away votes from the general election or popular vote from this state, i have not heard anything yet on what groups are doing to try to get the President back on the ballot, as i said, Trumps primary here was the same day as Bidens but they are claiming least in what i have read that Bidens was to close to the election, but Trumps wasnt? Ive never seen such an effort made to undermine our elections as Republicans have been doing, especially here in Ohio

Why did Ohio stop being a purple state?

And you're right this is disgusting political interference.

Ohio is under Republican control here, they have all control the govenor, senate and house as well as the state supreme court, in fact they have a super majority, several years ago republicans redrew the election maps here in Ohio to benefit areas that have always voted republican, the state supreme court rejected those maps numerous times, till the last election when the court became controlled by conservatives which all of sudden the maps were fine, essentially they gerrymandered the maps here so democrats have a near impossible chance of winning, thats why people like Jim Jordan who represents an area that will never vote him out or JD Vance who doesnt live in Ohio and who in 2016 said he would never support Trump but once realized there was alot of money to be made off Trump supporters changed his tune. Senator Brown who has done a very good job in Washington has a chance of retaining his seat but there are efforts here by republicans to keep him off the ballot.
We passed an Ohio constitutional amendment here to keep aborton access legal, it won by a huge margin, both the govenor and state senate have all said they will not abid by the will of the people and will ignore the amendment, thats the current politcal climate here in Ohio, no one can use Ohio anymore as a barometer for the country where politics is concerned.

Ohio is under Republican control here, they have all control the govenor, senate and house as well as the state supreme court, in fact they have a super majority, several years ago republicans redrew the election maps here in Ohio to benefit areas that have always voted republican, the state supreme court rejected those maps numerous times, till the last election when the court became controlled by conservatives which all of sudden the maps were fine, essentially they gerrymandered the maps here so democrats have a near impossible chance of winning, thats why people like Jim Jordan who represents an area that will never vote him out or JD Vance who doesnt live in Ohio and who in 2016 said he would never support Trump but once realized there was alot of money to be made off Trump supporters changed his tune. Senator Brown who has done a very good job in Washington has a chance of retaining his seat but there are efforts here by republicans to keep him off the ballot.
We passed an Ohio constitutional amendment here to keep aborton access legal, it won by a huge margin, both the govenor and state senate have all said they will not abid by the will of the people and will ignore the amendment, thats the current politcal climate here in Ohio, no one can use Ohio anymore as a barometer for the country where politics is concerned.

Thank you for explaining.

That's really too bad, when I lived there, it was seen as the most representative state. I think that companies used to use Ohio for test marketing products.

You have all my sympathies. Ticks me off all the cheating and lying about things. So much for winning on merits and policies.

No problem, Ive lived here my entire life and have voted in every election since i turned 18, Im 51 now and Ohio was always known as the place to come and get the pulse of the nation where politics was concerned, that changed after President Obama, there has been a fundimental shift here, this state is actually shrinking in terms of population, the only area that is showing growth in Columbus, but it used to be a state where politics was viewed equally, but that simply isnt the case here anymore, in fact several of the january 6th insurrectionists are from Ohio.

National pop. vote (president)Ohio pop. vote (president)Difference
2020Biden (D) +4.5Trump (R) +8.012.5
2016Clinton (D) +2.1Trump (R) +8.110.2
2012Obama (D) +3.9Obama (D) +3.00.9
2008Obama (D) +7.3Obama (D) +4.62.7
2004Bush (R) +2.5Bush (R) +2.10.4
2000Gore (D) +0.5Bush (R) +3.54.0

Yeah Ohio's departing from the national norm a lot more lately.

And the reasoning by Trump supporters here defies logic, the place i work the owner is a massive Trump supporter and the thing i keep hearing is how much he is like the average person, he talks like us, which is completely idiotic, the owner of the place I work is a former west point grad and captain in the army and he as zero problem with Trump, saying he was great for business which was partially true as he gave massive tax breaks for corporations, the last place i worked during the Trump years is when he started are tariff war against China, our tariffs went from 3% to 15% in one year, we had to go to Vietnam to have our products made which had teriffs at 2.5% at the time, if we followed Trumps policies many companies would not have survived, in fast the current place I work, we lost many of our ventors as they didnt survive Covid which was mishandled my the Trump administration, but the overwhelming thing i hear from Trumpers in Ohio is they know he is corrupt and has obvouis plans on being a dictatorship if he wins and they are ok with it, they think we should be under one party rule, and thats scary

Well that stinks if it's true. :( But Trump wouldn't want the two state solution either.
Probably not.

The oppression and genocide of the Palestinian is supported by a broad consensus of the US elite including Biden, Trump, and Kennedy.

Their emancipation will come in spite of the US, due to the work and will of Arabs, Persians, Africans, Latin America, Russia, and China.

Probably not.

The oppression and genocide of the Palestinian is supported by a broad consensus of the US elite including Biden, Trump, and Kennedy.

Their emancipation will come in spite of the US, due to the work and will of Arabs, Persians, Africans, Latin America, Russia, and China.

I hope so, the innocent have suffered enough. :(

Their position is consistent, normalization of relations comes first, then statehood. It’s always been conditioned. Unfortunately neither Israel nor Palestinians wants to do that which is why it never goes anywhere. Palestinians have much bigger problems than a state right now.

Their position is consistent, normalization of relations comes first, then statehood. It’s always been conditioned. Unfortunately neither Israel nor Palestinians wants to do that which is why it never goes anywhere. Palestinians have much bigger problems than a state right now.

They'll (Israel/US/UK) allow a Palestinian state if it's fully controlled by Israel, if it gives up the majority of its 1948 territory such as most of the West Bank which is currently largely settled, if Israel owns the natural gas off the Gaza coast, if Palestine is broken up into several discontiguous bantustans, etc. No Palestinian negotiator would ever accept that, and no country would accept that in general.

Fortunately for the Palestinians, the West is being kicked out of the Middle East.

Last edited:
They'll (Israel/US/UK) allow a Palestinian state if it's fully controlled by Israel, if it gives up the majority of its 1948 territory such as most of the West Bank which is currently largely settled, if Israel owns the natural gas off the Gaza coast, if Palestine is broken up into several discontiguous bantustans, etc. No Palestinian negotiator would ever accept that, and no country would accept that in general.

Fortunately for the Palestinians, the West is being kicked out of the Middle East.

That would be news but it’s not true

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think a reasonable starting off place would be to hammer out an agreement between Israel/Palestine and then commit to an international peacekeeping force for several years while those who engaged in the destruction of Gaza play a major role in rebuilding it.

The west is and will continue to be kicked out of the Middle East as its position becomes weaker. In he past few years, we've seen:
- NATO leaving Afghanistan;
- Saudi Arabia and Iran normalizing relations;
- Syria re-admitted into the Arab league;
- The Syrian and Iraqi government asking the US to leave;

For now it's a gradual process, and then eventually it will be complete. The power of White-majority countries is not quasi-limitless as it was in the 19th century, and quite frankly that's for the best.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think a reasonable starting off place would be to hammer out an agreement between Israel/Palestine and then commit to an international peacekeeping force for several years while those who engaged in the destruction of Gaza play a major role in rebuilding it.

The other option besides a separate state would be to agree to be absorbed into Jordan (instead of taken over by Israel anyway). Jordan was once a part of the mandate for mandatory Palestine and many Palestinians live there in Jordan now (see DW article below). IIRC they’ve had issues in the distant past with each. A separate state of Palestine would be far weaker (militarily, financially) to start on its own.

(This whole region has been ****ed by endless wars far predating the present time if we’re honest.) All the carve ups and carve outs have been suboptimal, and there very well may never be an optimal one. For now focus should be on ejecting Israel and the bombs off others land.

Last edited:
The other option besides a separate state would be to agree to be absorbed into Jordan (instead of taken over by Israel anyway). Jordan was once a part of the mandatory Palestine and many Palestinians live there now. IIRC they’ve had issues in the distant past with each. A separate state of Palestine would be far weaker (militarily, financially) to start on its own.

(This whole region has been ****ed by endless wars far predating the present time if we’re honest.) All the carve ups and carve outs have been suboptimal, and there very well may never be an optimal one. For now focus should be on ejecting Israel and the bombs off others land.

I was aware of most of the facts you stated, but hadn't considered the possibility of having Gaza as part of Jordan. That sounds like a very rational approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"