Ronald Moore to reboot Wild Wild West

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/05/wild-wild-west-ron-moore/
Exclusive: 'Wild' turn of events for 'Battlestar Galactica' creator Ron Moore
by Michael Ausiello
Categories: News, Scoop

I’m hearing Ron Moore—the genius writer-producer responsible for rebooting a little show called Battlestar Galactica—is in the very early stages of developing a remake of the ’60s classic The Wild, Wild West.

And I mean very early stages (read: it could be weeks or even months before he starts pitching it to the networks).

The original series—which ran on CBS from 1965 to 1969—starred Robert Conrad and Ross Martin as Secret Service agents who get reassigned to the Old West. It was described at the time as “James Bond on horseback,” per my good buddy Willie Wikipedia.

Other high-profile reboots being eyed for next season include Bryan Fuller’s Munsters redo at NBC and David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman update (network TBD).

It could certainly use it after that Will Smith ****fest. I trust Moore to do something great here. Let's hope it all works out.

Lots of reboots for next season.

Yeah, but I'm cool with it, as long as you've got a good creative force behind it, and both this and The Munsters do IMO. :up:

Dammit, I want some progress on this, CBS! :cmad:

As much as I hate remakes, this is one I'm actually looking forward to. Hopefully it'll get a whole new batch of people into the old one.

Actually, I also hope that whoever owns the rerun rights shows some old marathons again leading up to the premier. (I think TNT was the last network I watched it on)

This could be very cool. I would love to see westerns return to tv and a steampunk idea makes it even cooler.

I just hope Moore doesn't feel the need to take as many liberties with the original as he did with BSG. I mean, BSG was a little more understandable since the original series was a real ****fest and all his changes elevated the new series to being one of the best of all time, but the original Wild Wild West is damn near perfect in my eyes. I hope any changes that are made are minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"