Iron Man 2 Sam Jackson will be in Iron Man 2

IH: Are you in Iron Man 2?
SLJ: Really? They made enough money off that movie that they’re going to make another one?
IH: Are we going to see more of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2? And when do we hear…
SLJ: I saw Jon Favreau last night and he told me we were. I was trying to stand around talking to George Lucas, and he walked out and said, “Hey, hope you’re making your deal.” I was like, “Really?”
IH: With Don Cheadle coming up…?
SLJ: Yeah, man, I love Don. Don and I are good friends. I love Don and I think it’s going to be an exciting difference. We’ll see what happens. It’s kind of amazing that that happens. Wow, what happened? He [Terrence Howard] didn’t like the movie? Okay, fine. Move on. Yeah, I’ll be around.

SOURCE

There are a TON of these interviews around the web. Interesting how he says Howard didn't "like the movie".... he could be uninformed, or he could know something we don't.

Also, it sounds like the quip that had been previously credited to George Lucas was actually Favreau's.

MTV: And what about Nick Fury? What is your ambition for that, moving forward? Is it just gonna be "The Avengers," or are you hoping that somewhere inside of you that it's gonna be "The Avengers," and "Thor" and "Captain America?"
Jackson: Should be some little piece of all of that. I should kinda pass through "Iron Man 2," "Captain America," "Thor," — all those things — and eventually get to that "Avengers" space, yeah. Especially now that they got Don Cheadle. I know Don'll want me.
MTV: Have they given you the master plan for that yet?
Jackson: They sorta gave me a master plan about how they want it to work ...
MTV: And you're on the same page?
Jackson: Yeah, man. I'll do every movie they wanna do. I'm down.
SOURCE

I find his last statement hilarious. It kinda sums up his career these last couple of years .

Sam Jackson will be in Iron Man. Have to admit, I'm not familiar with the newer version of Fury, but will we see SHIELD headquarters with the floating platform in the sky? Among other things it borrowed "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" did that well.

If they do the whole Russian angle then use Black Widow along with Dynamo... I think that's kind of old though... I mean we are treading Cold War stuff...

They don't need to use the Soviet Union to bring in the Russians. Just use the Red Mafia.

I still say Madam Masque/Nefaria... sort of like Ras Al Ghul and Talia.

I'd like to see that, too.

Hopefully Marvel will go beyond the trilogy rule Hollywood uses with their franchises.

Iron Man 3 will probably be the last... I think we'll get a suprise villain for number 2... I think Mandarin will have a role but he won't be the featured guy. He could be though... a female villain could work as well... but I don't see them using another armored villain so soon. They could go either way.

They don't need to use the Soviet Union to bring in the Russians. Just use the Red Mafia.

Russia's not doing too badly financially these days. If they could invade another nearby country, get the world mad at them, they'd make PERFECT bad guys for the next movie! ;)

Great to see Samuel is 100% on board.

Sam Jackson will be in Iron Man. Have to admit, I'm not familiar with the newer version of Fury, but will we see SHIELD headquarters with the floating platform in the sky? Among other things it borrowed "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" did that well.

Sam Jackson is based on the Ultimate version, if that's what you meant by new. In 616 he's still white.

Guess that shows you how much I've kept up with the character. I don't even know what 616 is. Do they have the cool floating platform in all versions?

Agent:

616 is the number of the universe the main Marvel stories take place in.

If they do the whole Russian angle then use Black Widow along with Dynamo... I think that's kind of old though... I mean we are treading Cold War stuff...

To expand on that, maybe Titanium Man and the Unicorn could play role as well? Maybe something where Boris Bulski, the original Titanium Man, is a Russian general looking to revive the Soviet Union, and has an interest is obtaining Stark's weapons? Then you can have the Black Widow, Crimson Dynamo, and the Unicorn in there as henchmen.

Biggest problem with this is that it would mean another Iron Man vs. armored villain climax. Though they could probably do it a bit differently.

Still, it would fit in with what Favreau has said about the political situation with Russia has served as inspiration.

Bitter sweet with Howard gone... rumors had it that Fury would enlist the help of IM to track down a terrorist... maybe Mandarin. I should say most likely Mandarin... who else would the SHIELD want to track down that would be a suitable Iron Man villain? Madam Masque? Count Nefaria? Could be anyone really... I am just speculating. I think if we get Mandarin they will water down the character and make him as realistic as possible... just my two cents.

I've already nailed my Count Neferia colours to the wall some time ago by picking him for an Avengers movie villain some time ago; I think at full power, it'll take an essemble of heroes to stop him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"