Saudi cleric urges Muslim women to cover up all but one eye

Paradoxium

Making Your Head Explode
Reaction score
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1026273.html

Saudi cleric Sheikh Mohammed al-Habadan has declared that a Muslim veil, or hijab, that covers all but the eyes encourages women to use eye make-up to look seductive, the BBC reported Friday.

Al-Habadan has called on Saudi women to wear a full veil, or niqab, which covers the entire face, including one eye.

The question of how much of her face a woman should cover is a controversial topic in many Muslim societies. The niqab is more common in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf, but women in much of the Muslim Middle East wear a headscarf which covers only their hair, the BBC reported.

Sheikh Habadan, an ultra-conservative cleric who is said to have wide influence among religious Saudis, was answering questions on the Muslim satellite channel al-Majd.

They have Islamic courts in UK, so why not? :o :lmao:

It's all about making the woman disappear. If these guys could make women into wisps, they would.

Is this really related to politics? Perhaps it would be better suited for Community?

I'd imagine political reaction to be comical (say your against it, you piss off these religious types, say your for it, you piss off the feminists). The UK has been granting tons of these types of political group rights.

Ah, I see. So its directly tied to UK politics, very well. Thanks for the explanation 'dox :up:

Turning each woman into a cyclopse, now I've just about heard everything. :hehe:

Sounds like typical fanaticism from the Muslim hierarchy.

This stuff is exactly the same as Judge Judy in the US, the UK haven't introduced any new legislation

I admit I am a bit ignorant of this topic, but I do find it fascinating - to watch this little experiment in Britain either succeed or blow up in their faces.

I thought UK put up Sharia only for divorces

Muslims have been pushing for it to cover all aspects of their lives.

And based on history, they will pushing it to cover interactions between Muslims and non-Muslims, prior to trying to replace English common law altogether.

Muslims have been pushing for it to cover all aspects of their lives.

And based on history, they will pushing it to cover interactions between Muslims and non-Muslims, prior to trying to replace English common law altogether.

Dude Im Muslim and i DO NOT want sharia law in any country really unless it can make positive gains on society, like divorce for example. Then again this isnt a big issue at all in the USA.

Dude Im Muslim and i DO NOT want sharia law in any country really unless it can make positive gains on society, like divorce for example. Then again this isnt a big issue at all in the USA.

sadly there was even a few who were demanding it be used in primary(elementary) schools to deal with children if they had someone of the muslim faith in the same class

sadly there was even a few who were demanding it be used in primary(elementary) schools to deal with children if they had someone of the muslim faith in the same class

Wait, you sayin they WANT sharis law in schools if they have a muslim classmate? A lot of these immigrant families left thier countries due to extremist rule. It is just a few, yet loud, minority of muslims who want all women to have one eye to show

Sharia law is one of the most oppressive, vicious systems which exists in the world as a whole. I do not believe it should be used to govern anything.

Wait, you sayin they WANT sharis law in schools if they have a muslim classmate? A lot of these immigrant families left thier countries due to extremist rule. It is just a few, yet loud, minority of muslims who want all women to have one eye to show

yes a few extremists were calling for it used in schools, but thankfully these were just the nutters the same who were living on benefits but calling for the cull of the main populace, but the smart members of both groups didn't take any notice.

Obviously some of your co-patriots disagree with you.

Obviously some of your co-patriots disagree with you.

That doesnt mean that you group all of them together. I dont group all Christians who follow that church in Kansas that say horrid stuff like God hates ***s together. A few bad apples ruin the enitre crate.

That doesnt mean that you group all of them together. I dont group all Christians who follow that church in Kansas that say horrid stuff like God hates ***s together. A few bad apples ruin the enitre crate.

One difference is that those bad apples in Kansas is not going to affect the entire basket of Christianity. There is a zero chance of their beliefs being adopted by the main stream Christian body at any time in the foreseeable future.

However, the same cannot be said about the Muslim community. There are enough stories out there in Europe, North America, and other places where violent Muslims have cowed the body Islam into becoming more hard-core.

Yes.... lump Muslims together. Give me a reason to use that same logic and lump christians together.

Always fun to lump christians together.

Sharia law is one of the most oppressive, vicious systems which exists in the world as a whole. I do not believe it should be used to govern anything.

How much of this ignorant banter do I have to tolerate before someone gives a logical response?

You do know that English Common law and US Constitutional law are directly influenced by Islamic Law correct? That the framers of the constitution studied Islamic Law (Madison and Jefferson especially). Thomas Jefferson studied the Qur'an and learned Arabic (or was learning Arabic) so that they could better understand Natural law, right?

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/tribute911/HowThomasJeffersonreadQuran.pdf
http://www.law.fsu.edu/journals/transnational/vol11_2/white.pdf
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=963142 (I provide the actual article in a bit)

In fact the very system of law that we use is an Islamic invention. Some similarities:

United States - The Supreme Law of the Land: Constitution
Islam - Supreme Law of the Land: Qur'an

United States - The Legislature: draws upon the framework given by the Constitution and makes directives that involve the specific day-to-day situations of its citizens.
Islam - The Sunnah: draws upon the framework given by the Qur'an for and makes directives that involves the specific day-to-day situation of its citizens.

United States - Judiciary - is a process by which the law is applied to individual disputes.
Islam - Qiyas and Ijma (AKA Judiciary) - is a process by which the law is applies to individual disputes.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all~content=a759203351~tab=linking

Earliest known lawsuits, which are the EXACT process we follow today, where personal disputes were settled in court, governed by jurists and held among peers were Islamic.

Ethics of the Physician by Ishaq bin Ali al-Rahwi were laws established to legally protect patients from malpractice from their doctors. The notes of the physician are reviews by the his peers and could be sued by the patient if the review was negative. This is the EXACT "Medical Peer Review Process" that we use today ALL OVER the world, not only in America.

The prohibition of abusive substances? However allowed Hasish for medical and therapeutic purposes. In fact, Hashish was scientifically proven by Islamic Jurists, Az-Zarkashi, in the 14th century to have beneficial medical purposes and therefore not an intoxicant and should NOT be punished."This legal distinction between the intoxicant and the medical uses of cannabis, medieval Muslim theologians were far ahead of present-day American law."

I've got rotations and my attending is breathing down my neck but I'll be back with interpretations of Sharia Law. There is a HUGE difference between Radical Shariah and actual Islamic Shariah. There is a difference between what Saudi Arabia and Iran FORCE upon their people and what the majority of what the Islamic community practice and what the Qur'an allows for.

In a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"