Scenes that MUST be included in the movie

Da_Joka

King Grimlock
Reaction score
-The Comedian shooting the pregnant woman
- Dr. Manhattan working, and having sex at the same time

Lulz.

The one where Rorschach is about to shoot the lady in the flat, notices her children crying with a sense of reflection on his face and decides not to.

Yeah, that emotional scene would be great.

This is more of a personal preference, Manhattan on the moon recalling the events that lead to his accident is easily the most poignant part of the book to me. It would be cool to see that seen pulled off with some flashbacks and voiceover.

This is more of a personal preference, Manhattan on the moon recalling the events that lead to his accident is easily the most poignant part of the book to me. It would be cool to see that seen pulled off with some flashbacks and voiceover.

It would be awesome to see at least some of the Watchmaker section :up:

- Dr. Manhattan working, and having sex at the same time
Lulz.

He's ignoring her AND getting laid at the same time--if that ain't the best of both worlds, I don't know what is. :oldrazz:

Not a scene so much as a series of transitions: during the Comedian's funeral, the book had a bunch of flashbacks to the costumed hero's heyday, juxtaposed with shots of the same people in somber funeral attire. It's probably not high on most people's favorites, but it always struck me.

All those scenes have been in every recent draft of the script. They have too much potential not to be included in the film.

I don't know why people always expect that chapter to be cut. That chapter is probably the most important chapter in the story.

Probably because it's a relatively lengthy departure from the main plot, that doesn't contribute much that we need to know. It has Manhattan's immediate backstory, which is important, and tells us that he experiences time simultaneously, but that can be accomplished without devoting 1/12 of the movie's running time to it. There's a lot that, while very interesting and thematically rich and poignant, just might have to be cut for the sake of time.

I still don't understand why people are so obsessed with the main plot. The book even treats it as it is: a plot device. The story of Watchmen is not about the whodunnit which is so overly predictable the only way they make it last so long is by ignoring it. The story of Watchmen is seeing the heroes fall from grace, and then seeing their last hurrah before the end of the world, only to find them useless in the face of Armageddon. That's why chapters like Watchmaker, Absent Friends, and The Darkness of Mere Being are given the amount of attention that they're given.

The scene after Manhattan is laid to waste where Ozy and the Doctor are talking about whether everything will end up okay and the Doc's response. That's crucial

I still don't understand why people are so obsessed with the main plot. The book even treats it as it is: a plot device. The story of Watchmen is not about the whodunnit which is so overly predictable the only way they make it last so long is by ignoring it. The story of Watchmen is seeing the heroes fall from grace, and then seeing their last hurrah before the end of the world, only to find them useless in the face of Armageddon. That's why chapters like Watchmaker, Absent Friends, and The Darkness of Mere Being are given the amount of attention that they're given.

The main plot still ranks a notch higher, though. People are just operating under the reasonable assumption that if something gets cut, it won't be something that's relevant to the main plot.

The main plot still ranks a notch higher, though. People are just operating under the reasonable assumption that if something gets cut, it won't be something that's relevant to the main plot.

Reread the book. The big conspiracy takes a back seat through most of it. It's there to keep moving the characters towards the final showdown, but the final showdown is incredibly lame unless you have seen all the events that brought all the characters to the place they are at when the novel starts. Hell for most of the book, Rorschach is chasing somebody who doesn't exist. We don't find out that there isn't even a real mask killer until the third to last chapter. I would contend that the conspiracy isn't even the main plot, just a plot device.

rorschach being interviewed by malcolm long.

the conversation here, to me, was the most psychologically poignant part of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"