Sean Salisbury and ESPN part ways.

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
In an official statement, Sean says: "I want to thank ESPN for 12 great years of talking football on TV and the radio. I have grown as much as I can at ESPN and decided to expand my horizons. I have created a brand and it's time to expand into other opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking, among others. My resume speaks for itself as a football analyst, and I believe I can talk all sports with the best of them."

Meh. He was okay I guess.

I love John Clayton, so I'm sure he's happy :up:

Did he take another picture of his junk on someone's phone?

At any rate, Salisbury was good. He leaves, Emmitt Smith is still employed and the Gods of Circumstance are laughing their collective ass off at me. :down

Does this mean they'll force John Clayton into the ESPN studios to actually reveal that he has arms?

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About time he left, I heard that espn have hired former nfl wr Cris Carter as football analyst.

First Dan Patrick, now Sean Salisbury. It seems like ESPN has trouble holding on to their people.

I know he made a Anti Semetic(spl) remark last season, but I doubt that was the reason.

Them hiring Cris Carter probably had something to do with it.

Think it was for sending a picture of his dick to someone else who worked at EPSN.

Think it was for sending a picture of his dick to someone else who worked at EPSN.

haha

Sean Salisbury says parting with ESPN was mutual

The NFL studio analyst, who had been with the network for 12 years, says, 'I've been liberated. I knew this was coming, but I couldn't be happier.'
By Larry Stewart, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
February 27, 2008
Of his departure from ESPN, which was announced Tuesday, Sean Salisbury said he felt unappreciated and underpaid and he knew that by asking for a seven-figure contract, the result would be a "mutual parting."

Salisbury, who had been an ESPN NFL studio analyst for 12 years, had already packed up and left and was in Dallas, where he has a second home, when reached on his cellphone Tuesday night.

"I'm a free agent," he said. "I've been liberated. I knew this was coming, but I couldn't be happier.

"I'd grown tired of being punished for not being an NFL superstar. Analysts who don't work as hard as me, don't prepare as hard as me, and don't have my resume were making more than me just because of their ability to throw or catch a football.
"Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the opportunity ESPN gave me, but they had capped my ceiling. There was only so far I could go there.

"I'd done nothing wrong, and if you hear otherwise, it's not true. I did everything that was asked of me.

"I have created a brand and it's time to expand into other opportunities in TV, radio, Internet, publishing, movies and public speaking, among others. My resume speaks for itself."

ESPN issued a statement saying, "Sean Salisbury has made many contributions to our efforts for the past 12 years. We thank him and wish him all the best."

When an ESPN spokesman was told of Salisbury's comments, the spokesman said, "We'll stick with our statement."

Salisbury, outspoken and opinionated on the air, said he already has some offers, including one from FSN. Another possibility, he said, was a non-sports role with CBS.

His point is very valid.

I have no doubt Steve Young, Emmit Smith or Michael Irving make/made more than he did on ESPN and there is no doubt who did more and was a better quality anchor.

my fav nfl anaylst is Mark Schlereth .

^ Really? I can't stand that twerp. :o

^^^I love Stink....but Salisbury is very good....He will have a job with either Fox or CBS in rather short order

Word though I like Cris Carter on Yahoo.
I also like Cris Carter, he seems to be one of the few ex nfl wr/ now analyst that doenst make a fool of himself.

He just bugs me, it might be his eyes. He seems a little too arrogant of himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"