Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 10 "The Main Ingredient"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
TE95wv0.jpg

Discuss Episode 10 of Season 2, "The Main Ingredient" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

I am loving the more mature Iron Fist, as well as how they are handling Danny and Luke's bromance so far. This season has really matured on every level. Danny's favorite album is Chronic 2001!

If this is the same direction they are taking IF in his season 2 then count me in!

Marvel, Heroes for Hire series. And give Danny the Mask.

As soon as Danny walked into Pops he already gave off a different vibe... just talks much calmer (less child-like). It seemed like a mix of character and acting adjustments, and it really worked.

Yeah, this has been my favorite episode of the season so far. This is why we need a Heroes for Hire series. Iron Fist on his own was kinda meh on his own (Colleen Wing made that series watchable for me), but I love him when he's paired with Luke. They work really well off of each other.

“Stokes... Mariah Stokes.”

Damn that restaurant scene was rough. Mariah really was doing the most with that. Even Shades was shook. Sugar was smart to leave before it went down.

Danny was definitely more fun to watch in this episode than we’ve seen before. Patty-cake was cool to see.

I laughed at seeing Faith Evans in this episode since the actress who played Nandi played her in the “Notorious” film.

So something I noticed since this episode made me think a lot because I watched it right before I went to bed.

In the beginning, the kid on the street approached Luke and talks about Game of Thrones (specifically "Dracarys"). This is funny for a few reasons:

- First and most obvious, right after this moment, Luke goes into Pops' Barbershop where he is soon joined by Danny Rand, played by Game of Thrones' Finn Jones

- Danny later brings up real dragons, which Luke finds incredulous

- Finally, Mariah's big no turning back moment in the restaurant gave me Red Wedding vibes. It was probably one of, if not THE most shocking scene in any of the Marvel shows up to that point. Not to mention she had Bushmaster's uncle killed by being burned alive ("Dracarys").

It was even more of an on-the-nose reference than earlier in the season when Luke called Misty Ripley, who was played by Sigourney Weaver, the villain from Defenders.

they really need to do an 8 episode 'Heroes for Hire' miniseries

Luke and Danny were great together

I was expecting Bushmaster's Uncle or whoever he is to die, but that still hit me a lot harder than I was expecting. Mariah really sucks. I'm not convinced it wouldn't be better to let Bushmaster win. My assumption is Tilda will be left surviving from the reckage, but we'll see.

Other than that, this was a lot of charming fun between Danny and Luke. It was definitely good to see Danny Rand. I think Finn Jones has worked hard on his character, although I think the writing helps too. As a test run for Heroes for Hire, I think it was a good pilot.

Five Stars.

Danny was chill and relax not his childish self in the past. He was zen so that helped.

Sad my hot cop was a greedy screw up.

I sometimes wonder what would've happened if they'd gone upstairs and found Mariah was holding Anansi captive there. Would they just scoop him up and take him out of the club without Mariah being able to do much or would she and Shades have put up a fight? For that matter, would Luke and Danny still be focused on hunting down the lab making the nightshade, or would they shift gears to spending that time trying to protect Bushmaster's family and friends from retaliation by Mariah?

In fact, if that happened, a lot of innocent people would not have died.

Great seeing the HfH together. Danny gave off a much better vibe instantly to how we've seen him in his own show.

Knight + Wing = :D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"