Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 8 "If It Ain't Rough, It Ain't Right"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
TE95wv0.jpg

Discuss Episode 8 of Season 2, "If It Ain't Rough, It Ain't Right" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

I don't think they said Zip was Romeo's son and part of Shades old gang in season 1 which made Shades comments about Romeo being disappointed in Zip when he tried to kill him confusing. Must of been a deleted scene somewhere that brought it up.

I wonder if the O'Reilly that transferred to New Orleans is the same Detective Brigid O’Reilly from Cloak and Dagger who transferred from New York. It would be a neat Easter Egg.

Criminal lawyer Big Ben Donovan appearance.

Some nice one liners this episode

Jerk flavored Hatfield and McCoys, Crip raggedy Anne

The lawyer bouncing as soon as he found out that direct deposit ain’t working no more was my favorite moment.

Can’t really explain it, but I always like when strong heroes just knock guys out with a simple tap. Though that one dude outside the police station was a little harder a funnier.

Didn’t speak on it before, but it’s kinda amusing how Mariah had gotten a little bit more crazy this season. Or at least is more willing to show that side and attitude with people who know her as more than some nice politician or whatever act she pulls for the public.

“Stokes... Mariah Stokes.” Still funny.

Shades was always bringing up some painting. Was it the one Bushmaster had taken down and replaced with a pic of Marcus Garvey?

I think it was this episode where Luke's dad punches someone shooting at him and he's like "dad its ok they bounce off" and his dad's like I don't care they're shooting at my baby haha was equal parts funny and touching.

I love the reenactment of the investigation where we see the crime scene with Misty but also with Shades. That being said, this episode handled the law fairly poorly, but at least in subtle ways. In particular, the interrogation with Shades should have ended much sooner - as soon as his lawyer showed up. His lawyer saying anything was hearsay also bothered me because next to nothing was (just the part about having a CI off the books). Even when Donovan left, they shouldn't have been able to continue and, once Shades asked for a lawyer, it should have stopped everything for two weeks. Also, when they got a search warrant, what exactly were they searching for and how did they finish the search so quickly?

That being said, I do think this episode was strong. So far, they haven't hit a midseason slump. It helps that there's a lot more action going on with the bounties. The sad thing is it feels like only characters I like that will get hurt - in particular, the other Jamaican guy seems not long for this world. Part of what makes Bushmaster compelling is he seems sincere even if it doesn't feel like he truly has a plan at this point. He's just angry.

Four Stars.

I wonder if the O'Reilly that transferred to New Orleans is the same Detective Brigid O’Reilly from Cloak and Dagger who transferred from New York. It would be a neat Easter Egg.

It was. In the last episode of Cloak and Dagger, O'Reilly mentions that she moved from Harlem on easily three separate occasions.

I think it was this episode where Luke's dad punches someone shooting at him and he's like "dad its ok they bounce off" and his dad's like I don't care they're shooting at my baby haha was equal parts funny and touching.
Yeah, that was pretty funny. :p

Cool Cloak and Dagger reference this episode.

Am I the only one who feels Alphre Woodard’s acting this season, particularly in this episode, has felt a little... off? I was seriously wondering if she was drunk. Her reaction to her old boyfriend’s death was sooooo bad.

Am I the only one who feels Alphre Woodard’s acting this season, particularly in this episode, has felt a little... off? I was seriously wondering if she was drunk. Her reaction to her old boyfriend’s death was sooooo bad.

Well, Mariah is a bit of an alcoholic. Remember that Shades called her on her morning drinking back in episode 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"