Season 6 Episode 2 Discussion "Home"

You're absolutely spot on - after Anne died it just sort of fell flat and I only kept watching for Henry. JRM and Natalie were amazing together, and if as you suggest the show had just concentrated on that era it could have been amazing. They had what, 9 years together, and so much drama in all of them!

No love for Dany in here? Emilia is beautiful irl but as Dany she's just ethereal.

NrVhb2K.gif

Yeah, Henry's whole thing for Jane Seymour was as about as entertaining as watching paint dry (though maybe that was the point, to show what a *****ebag Henry was). All the stuff with Anne and Henry, as well as Anne's a**hole brother was so great. Whatever happened to that actor? I always thought he'd make a really good Green Arrow.

Anyway, yeah, I love Dany, though she seems to get a lot of hate. I can't defend Emilia Clarke for her performance in Terminator: Genitalcyst, but that wasn't her fault. She was miscast and the movie itself was garbage. Love her as Dany though. I just hope that she gets her dragons back soon and starts actually kicking some ass instead of going back and "ruling" Eyes Wide Shut City.

Yeah, Henry's whole thing for Jane Seymour was as about as entertaining as watching paint dry (though maybe that was the point, to show what a *****ebag Henry was). All the stuff with Anne and Henry, as well as Anne's a**hole brother was so great. Whatever happened to that actor? I always thought he'd make a really good Green Arrow.

Yes in his later life Henry was indeed a shouty *****ebag! It's a pity (although his own fault) that's how he's remembered, in his early life he was a true Renaissance prince. I just looked up Padraic Delaney and he's done some things on Irish TV, and he's in the new film 'The Man Who Saw Infinity' so looks like he's doing ok!

Anyway, yeah, I love Dany, though she seems to get a lot of hate. I can't defend Emilia Clarke for her performance in Terminator: Genitalcyst, but that wasn't her fault. She was miscast and the movie itself was garbage. Love her as Dany though. I just hope that she gets her dragons back soon and starts actually kicking some ass instead of going back and "ruling" Eyes Wide Shut City.

:funny: @ Terminator: Genitalcyst and Eyes Wide Shut city! I didn't even bother with Terminator, I love the original so I knew it would just annoy me. I hope Rhaegal and Viserion are on their way to join Drogon and their mother! I love those dragons, they just seem so real. Like Tyrion I always wanted one of my own!

MVhnYi5.gif

That was one of the best digs of the series, have to give it to Dormer on that one. Headey plays the smug cow so well that it's just simply lovely when Cersei gets a bit back.

Yes in his later life Henry was indeed a shouty *****ebag! It's a pity (although his own fault) that's how he's remembered, in his early life he was a true Renaissance prince. I just looked up Padraic Delaney and he's done some things on Irish TV, and he's in the new film 'The Man Who Saw Infinity' so looks like he's doing ok!

:funny: @ Terminator: Genitalcyst and Eyes Wide Shut city! I didn't even bother with Terminator, I love the original so I knew it would just annoy me. I hope Rhaegal and Viserion are on their way to join Drogon and their mother! I love those dragons, they just seem so real. Like Tyrion I always wanted one of my own!

MVhnYi5.gif

Arrgh, I was thinking of Max Brown, who played Edward Seymour, not the dude who played George Boleyn. It's been too long since I watched it. May need to revisit the whole series again.

Yeah, the only reason I watched Terminator was because I was on a Transatlantic flight and it was the only movie I hadn't seen. It actually WASN'T as bad as I thought it was going to be, but when I say that, I only really mean that it's not completely boring. It's garbage for sure, but at least it's not SO over-the-top excruciating that I couldn't sit through it all.

Anyway, I'm curious about the dragons that Tyrion freed. I mean, he unchained them, but is there a hole in the ceiling somewhere that they can fly out of? Or are they still sort of stuck in the basement? I don't remember the layout of their little lair there. I mean, I assume they can leave now but if so, you would have thought they would have shown them flying out of the castle.

Arrgh, I was thinking of Max Brown, who played Edward Seymour, not the dude who played George Boleyn. It's been too long since I watched it. May need to revisit the whole series again.

Well both characters were eejits so I don't blame you for mixing them up. I keep meaning to have a Tudors rewatch myself but finding the time is just meh...ah to be a student again!

I mean, I assume they can leave now but if so, you would have thought they would have shown them flying out of the castle.

Yes they should have made it clearer - I was thinking "errr, Tyrion, Varys you may like to get out of there as they're going to fly right past you! Oh but how are they going to fit through that door?" I assume there's a back entrance - hence the need to not just lock them in but chain them up as well? :huh:

aPyF4O5.gif
pwVKAJp.gif

This was a really good episode.

Gonna miss Roose cracking me up all the time.

I was expecting the end to carry over into the next episode given how long they were lingering for the scene.

Great episode! The first one wasn't bad, but this one really kicked things into motion. I really liked how they did that last scene, it kept the mood up well even if everyone watching absolutely knew what was going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"