Comics Secret Empire Tie-Arc (beware of spoilers)

Ben_Reilly

Civilian
Reaction score
Amazing Spider-Man volume 327, issue 29

Like all of Slott's arcs, this one started out ok.
It was nice seeing Peter try and actually talk to Otto instead go in web-shooters blazing away!

Otto pulling Anna away from the building was nice, but damn, even when he does something nice, he screws up. All those people dead in the crash...

And look, more crap to befall Parker Industries!
Darkforce is blamed on Parker Industries
Pete leaves via a ship and Parker Industries is blamed for firing missiles
London office destroyed...

So, let's say that Parker Industries is kaput after Secret Empire ends, what is Pete going to do?
He's been blacklisted from ever working in the news media, his company is gone and no science firm will want to touch him. What's left? Retail? Waiting? Retail won't work because of schedules and terrible managers. Waiting, well, we saw it with Ben and that barely worked.
Unless he goes and works for Stark Industries, there really isn't anything Pete can do.

Aloha,
Depending on how much money he has socked away, he should be alright for the immediate future.To say that no news media would touch him, denies the reality of today's news media. Plenty of publicly disgraced people wind up working for news channels. Should Peter go back to taking pictures of Spider-Man, I'm sure some agency would buy them.I would hate to see him become part of the paparazzi.Aunt May has some money as well, she could be his backer.T'Challa knew Peter was Spider-Man during the Other story arc. Not sure if he knows now, but I could see Peter working with Wakandan scientist.I'm also thinking that Doc Ock will find a way to take Peter's doctorate away from him as well.
Spidey rules

Last edited:
Well. It's over.
Can't say I'm too theilled that Parker Industries is gone.

But this and the previos story both ignored so much of what slott had happen.
But, I guess that par for the course...

I cannot wait til he is replaced!

Aloha,
So Peter did the unthinkable,
he destroyed the company before Ock could take it over.
Even Ock didn't see that one coming.Let's see where Mr. Parker goes from here. He should have some money socked away. I don''t think he ever wanted to be a CEO, he inherited that from Ocks plans. He does have his doctorate (for now) So with some money behind him, Peter should be able to live his life in relative comfort and devote himself to his Spidey duties full time. Let's see.
Spidey rules

Peter may have money, but even if he does, it may not be there for long.
Watch slott use the old "accountat was stealing/embezzling from Peter the while time and now Perter is broke again and needs to move in with Aunt May" stickt. * pretty sure I spelt that wrong...

I'm betting Peter buys the Daily Bugle with whatever moneys he has left...

And then hires JJJ to run it... we know as much is coming for ASM #789

Aloha,
So this is post Secret Empire and poor Peter is down on his luck and
sleeping on Mockingbirds couch
(for now). I'm a little disturbed that with all the good he tried to do, there is so much hate towards him. It's also a shame that only a handful of people will ever know that Peter never wanted to be a captain of Industry. Parker Industries was Doc Ock's idea. Peter still has his Ph.D, I imagine, so he should be able to get a job at some point.
Your opinion?
SPIDEY RULES

BTW:
I think Joe Robertson is going to give him a job

Last edited:
Aloha,
So this is post Secret Empire and poor Peter is down on his luck and
sleeping on Mockingbirds couch
(for now). I'm a little disturbed that with all the good he tried to do, there is so much hate towards him. It's also a shame that only a handful of people will ever know that Peter never wanted to be a captain of Industry. Parker Industries was Doc Ock's idea. Peter still has his Ph.D, I imagine, so he should be able to get a job at some point.
Your opinion?
SPIDEY RULES

BTW:
I think Joe Robertson is going to give him a job

Personally, I would love to see him reduced to the point where he goes back to being a teacher at Midtown, which was one of my FAVORITE parts of JMS's run, and something that was very poorly utilized. Also, it would be awesome to see Peter field a question from one of his more confrontational students about how, "My parents lost their wedding photos and stuff because they were backed up on the Parker Industries servers, so why turn in my homework when you'll probably just lose that, too?"

I don't know, it would be nice to see him back as a teacher. (confession, my wife is going back to school to be a teacher, so I'm probably projecting) Also, having a doctorate would help him qualify as a position...maybe even as a professor at ESU...or maybe introduce a rival school to ESU, have him teach there, since he's been shamed in the field.

All right. No more ideas unless Marvel pays me.
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"