Spiderman: The Death of the Staceys.

S_H_F_4839

Hulk Smash
Reaction score
Spiderman: The Death of the Staceys

Beautiful, that is the only word that describes her. Her Blonde hair goes on forever her blue eyes glow and I am left speechless by her very being, I watch her dodge left and right she moves so gracefully. Then I see her looking back at me, is it possible has she noticed me. I smile at her and I see the look on her face go from a smile to a terrified look of shock and I turn to see what she is looking at and I turn my head just in time for the ball to hit me full force in the face and there is such momentum that I fall back hard on the gym floor and the world goes dark.

Peter opens his eyes and say her name

Peter:
GWEN

The water hits me in the face waking me. Peter looks up to see Harry looking down at him laughing holding the empty water bottle.

Harry:
Having a nice dream buddy?

Peter wipes the water from my eyes and get up off the ground in time to hear the coach yell.

Coach:
The game is called Dodgeball Parker, the goal behind the game is to dodge the ball when it is thrown at you not take it square in the face. Oh and Thompson you don't have to try and take parkers head off everytime you throw at him.

Flash:
Sorry coach just trying to toughen him up a little bit, I mean look at the guy.

Coach:
Just watch it from now on Thompson.

Peter wipes the blood that has started coming out of my nose and look up at harry

Peter:
How did you talk me into playing this game again?

Harry:
I told you she was playing, your feelings for her are kind of obvious buddy, you might have a shot if you would actually talk to her.

Peter shoot harry a look that says drop it, I don't want to have this conversation again. He picks it up and changes topics, something about picking up cheerleadrs later. Peter walks over to the bleachers and takes a seat, Peter opens his backpack and starts reading his science chapter. The rest of the period flies by, Peters always been able to lose himself in science. When the buzzer goes off he goes to the lockerroom and get changed and start walking home. Peter waves to harry as he is leaving. Harry is getting into his fathers limousine and Peter wonders why harry is coming to queens to go to school seems like with the money his father makes he could afford to go to any number of private schools.

Harry gets into the backseat of the limousine and sarcastically asks the driver

Harry:
Could you have found a more obvious spot to park?

Driver:
Sorry Mr. Osborn, your father stressed he need you home as quickly as I could arrange it, he said there is something the two of you need to discuss.

Harry:
Great.

Back at the osborn residence, Norman is going over his figures again, he wants to be absolutely sure before Stromms Case, coming up tommorrow. He recieved an annonymous tip from one of stromms lab assistants that Stromm has been embezzling funds out of his company. It stopped being their company the day after stromm began devoting himself to the science side and norman the buisiness side. Norman was rechecking the figures one last time when he heard the front door to the house open and close his study was first door on the left inside the house, and he looked over his shoulder and saw harry walk in and drop his book bag down in a chair and sit down in the chair next to it.

Harry:
You wanted to see me about something father?

Norman doesn't even bother to look in his direction.

Norman:
Yes you will be taking the next couple of days off from school to stay home, I want you to dress up we will be attending the Professor Stromms Case it has finally come up.

Harry:
Why do you want me to come along?

Norman:
That should be clear to help my image as being a straight buisness man and family man. Your main purpose will be their to look happy to sway the jurors over to my side in the case.

Harry:
I understand and I will do my best father.

Harry picks up his bag and exits the study and goes to his room and turns on the cd player before locking the door. He walks over to his bed and takes out a small case from under his bed in it is some small pieces of paper and a small plastic bag with a couple of ounces of marijuanna in it, he rolls a cigarette lights it and takes a long drag.

Harry:
Much better.

At the parker residence has a slightly different atomsphere.

Aunt May:
Oh My God, peter what happened to your nose?

Peter:
I'm fine Aunt may I was playing dodgeball at school today and got caught off guard.

Aunt May:
Peter you never play sports, why were you playing dodgeball?

Peter:
I just wanted to play today.

Aunt May:
Peter your not telling me something why were you playing?

Uncle Ben:
May stop nagging the boy, he wanted to play dodgeball there doesn't have to be another reason, he is a boy he just wanted to play.

Aunt May:
Ben don't you interrupt me.

Peter grins at uncle ben as he notices ben kite his eyes, in the direction of the stairs letting him know that he will take the heat if Peter wants to go on up to his room. Peter walks up the steps and goes to his bedroom he sits down at the desk in his room and starts working on his homework. He reaches up from it and turns on the radio to see if there is anything worth listening to. As he turns it on he hears just the end of his favorite song. That figures. Then a commercial starts and he hears Don't miss it coming soon to queens the Action Power Hour of wrestling. You won't want to miss our champion crusher hogan, there will be a 1500 dollar prize to anyone from the crowd that can pin crusher for the count of three. Peter turns it off, sure would be nice to have that money, I could get a new microscope and some clothes, and maybe gwen would notice me and I could take her out to a nice dinner. Peter be quiet you know you would be killed if you climbed in the ring with hogan, not to mention even if you did manage to win, there is no way gwen would go out with a quadrapaligic which is all that would be left of you. Peter turns the computer on and signs into the internet, he is going to kill some time before he finishes up doesn't have but about fifteen more minutes worth of work anyway. He signs on to a local news website and sees the article talking about the wrestling and sees another article not far underneath it that talks about a science expo that will be coming to the area. Guest Speaker is Reed Richards. Awesome.

Empire State University in New York.

Steve:
So Doc are you ready for your big unveiling?

Octavius looks at the assistant like he is insignificant bug.

Doc Ock:
Its Queens, I would give my right eye if there is one person there that understands my work.

Steve:
Well be prepared to hand it over, because its just been announced that Reed Richards will be the guest speaker. He has some kind of confrence set up on the faults with genetic modification.

Octavius sighs under his breath

Doctor Octavius:
Anyone that comes to my booth will only be doing it to kill time until Richards goes on, which means my speech explaining energy transfer is just a waste of my breath. Well I guess I will just have to unveil something else to keep their attention focused on me rather than him. I have been meaning to unveil my arms well this might be the perfect opportunity.

Octavius smiles thinking about all the people who will leave richards speech just to see his magnificent arms and goes back about his figures on the energy transfer device the Conference is tommorrow evening.

The next day at school, Peter is sitting in class listening to the teacher talking about radiation and the harmful side effects and asks the class if any of them is planning on attending the conference tonight a few people raise their hands peter included.

Mr. Andrews:
Mr. Parker if you would since I know I can count on you to do your homework write up a brief essay on what you thought of the conference since I think you are the only one that might understand what they are talking about.

Peter:
Yes sir.

Mr. Andrews:
If you would pay a visit to Otto Octavius's booth also while your there and get some information on how his project works since I have a feeling any other class members that go will be there strictly hoping to see Mr. Fantastic.

Peter:
Yes sir.

Peter had heard that Octavius was supposed to debut his new energy transfer method he had been working on and was planning on going by the booth anyway so it wasn't going to be a problem. After class peter walks up to gwen finally gathering what little courage he could to approach her.

Peter:
Uh Gwen can I talk to you for a minute?

Gwen:
Sure Pete whats up?

She knows my name, Its all he can do to keep from running away.

Peter:
Did You hear the teacher ask me to go that sciene conference tonight, I know its kind of last minute but would you go with me?

Gwen grins at him and seeing how insecure he is leans in close to him and whispers her answer in his ear.

Gwen:
Sure.

Peter is struck speechless he expected her to conviently have something else planned for the evening he had already worked the conversation out in his head but he never dreamed she would say yes.

Peter:
wh wh when should I pick you up?

Peter stumbles through the words.

Gwen:
Well it starts at six, I live close to it, I can meet you there if you want, my dad's a cop and might question you kind of roughly.

Peter:
Ok I will meet you there, if that is fine with you.

Gwen is kinda disappointed it would have meant something if peter would have managed the courage to pick her up and meet her father.

Gwen:
Thats fine.

Gwen has been hoping he would ask her out ever since the rumor started making the rounds that Pete liked her. She is not into jocks like thompson and she had heard that the stunt with taking peters head off in dodgeball was to impress her, in fact it had the opposite reaction she is even less interested in him now than she was before. Peter grins at her before hurrying off to avoid the akward moment that has hovered ever since she surprised him by saying yes.

Before Peter realizes it, the buzzer from PE is going off and the day is over and his legs are shaking he wonders for a moment where harry is, before his thoughts drift back to gwen.

Flash:
Yo Parker.

Peter looks up and sees flash standing over him.

Peter:
uh hey flash what can I do for y...

Peter is unable to finish his sentence before flash grabs him by the back of his neck and slams his face down on the bleachers.

Flash:
I heard about your little date tonight, you get any funny ideas about making a play for my girl and I will mess you up.

Peter:
Flash she said yes, I thought she would say no.

Flash:
Well that makes two of us, just remember what I said I have my eye on you, in fact I plan on attending the conference too and if I see anything I don't like you will be getting yours the next day when she is gone and its just the two of us like right now.

About that time the Coach comes out of his office and sees Thompson holding parker down.

Coach:
Thompson whats going on here?

Thompson releases parker

Flash:
Uh nothing coach me and parker are just horsing around, right parker.

Peter:
Right Flash.

The coach doesn't buy it for a second, but before anything else can be said or done, Flash steps down off the bleachers and when he hits the court looks back at parker and gives him a look and a hand gesture that says he will be watching him. Peter gets up from the bleachers and wonders what he has gotten himself into? Peter makes the walk home and his feelings about the conference have changed from him looking forward to it to dreading it, he half considers not attending but knows he told Mr. Anderson he would type an essay on it.

At the courthouse across the river, Harry at that moment is in the restroom at the courthouse he has already gotten bored with this proceeding all it is, somebody in his fathers company has been caught embezzeling and is about to go away for it, he doesn't really know why his father insisted on him being here, he walks into one of the stalls and reaches in his coat pocket and pulls out another custom cigarette and lights it and takes a long drag. He starts laughing a little to himself because he is flying now. His father walks into the bathroom and hears his son laughing, he opens the door and sees harry sitting there smoking.

Norman:
You dare to disrespect me in like this.

Norman is fuming.

Harry:
Oh lighten up pops its just a little grass I will be fine when we have to go back in the courthouse.

Harry dies out laughing at the colors on the suit his father chose to wear, the orange with his red hair make him look like a walking carrot to harry.

Norman:
We will not be going back into the courthouse.

Norman steps outside and waves his driver who is sitting in the lobby not far away over. The driver walks over.

Driver:
yes sir?

Norman:
Get my son out of here avoid the crowds my idot son is smoking and he needs to get out of here without catching anyones attention, understand.

Driver:
Yes sir.

The driver walks in and grabs harry by the arm and pulls him out of the stall who has finally regained some of his composure, until they walk out into the hall and he sees his father walking back into the courtroom. He breaks out laughing again.

Driver:
Harry get control of yourself you are embarassing your father.

Harry:
Embarassing him, ask me if I care in twenty minutes.

Harry and the driver walk to the nearest exit and they walk out to the car.

Driver:
Where do you want to go Harry?

Harry:
Lets go to Queens.

Peter makes it back to his uncles and aunts house and walks upstairs and starts getting ready, he takes a shower and looks through uncle bens colognes, its a variety that gives away bens age, old spice and the like and he decides to do without and after getting dressed he picks up a small notepad and puts it in his back pocket and a pen so he can take notes about what to write. He looks over at the clock and sees it, he is going to be late and he runs down the stairs.

Peter:
Uncle Ben can you drive me to the science conference I am going to be late.

Uncle Ben:
Sure Pete just let me get my coat.

Ben gets up and grabs his coat and notices peter has already gone out the door and got in the car.

Uncle Ben:
Teenagers, or should I say hormones.

May looks up at ben and grins we were that age at one time. Ben smiles back at his wife and goes outside and gets in the car he can see peters legs shaking a little.

Uncle Ben:
You must really be looking forward to this conference.

Peter:
I am.

Ben puts it in reverse and backs out of the driveway, he can see the closer the get the more peters legs shake.

Uncle Ben:
Peter is there something you would like to tell me son?

Peter:
No, I am just really looking forward to it.

Uncle Ben:
I figured as much but if you keep shaking your legs like that you are going to make the car flip.

Peter:
Sorry uncle ben I can't help it.

Ben grins, a few minutes later they pull up the conference hall which the library has been converted into for this event. Peter sees the crowd and sees gwen standing out in the middle of the walkway alone.

Peter:
I should have picked her up at her house.

Uncle Ben:
You say something son?

Peter:
No nothing uncle ben.

Peter gets out of the car and starts walking toward her, then ben picks up on what had him so nervous and rolls down the window.

Uncle Ben:
Peter.

Peter turns back and leans down to the window where he can look in.

Peter:
Yeah uncle ben.

Uncle Ben:
Be Careful.

Peter:
I will uncle ben.

Uncle Ben:
Well what are you waiting for son the girls right over there.

Peter grins and turns around and starts walking toward Gwen and he notices flash at the entrance looking back at him. Flash goes inside and Peter walks up to gwen.

Peter:
Shall we?

Gwen:
we shall.

Gwen locks arms with him and they head in.

Once inside gwen looks around at everything not really understanding any of it, Peter tries to explain what he can but some of the stuff is even over his head. He notices thompson hovering and tries to loosen gwens grip on his arm. Peter walks up and see's a small crowd starting to form around octavius booth nothing compared to what he would have pulled if this conference had been in the city. The Clean radiation theory impressed him. Peter listens to Octavius explain it jotting a few notes down so he will remember it when he is writing his essay later. Peter notices the crowd start to get bigger and at first he is not sure why until he see's who is standing behind him, Reed Richards asks Octavius a question about it that is clearly over peters understanding, but from the way richards words it its almost over Octavius's as well. Octavius explains his theory on it again. Octavius prepares to demonstrate and grabs a sheet and unviels his arms he climbs in the harness and secures it in place and begins explaining how it works to the crowd how the four nobs control the arms and how the buttons on the nobs control the pinchers on the end of each arm. He uses the arms to turn on the lever as Dr. Richards steps through the crowd to be at the front in case something goes wrong he can use his body to protect the crowd.

Harry stumbles into the Conference hall he had spotted Peter and Gwen walking into the hall, the fact they were together surprised him and he was going to rib him a little about it if he could catch him away from her and he spots peter and gwen at the back of the now gathering crowd.

Harry:
hey pete.

Harry:
Your with gwen see I told you buddy if you would just ask her.

Gwen sighs at the interruption on her and peters date.

Gwen:
Peter I am going to go find me a drink of water I will be right back.

Peter:
Ok gwen I will be here.

as soon as she is out of earshot

Peter:
Harry are you high?

Harry:
Yeah.

Peter:
Whats wrong with you?

Harry:
just under a little pressure and needed to relax I will be fine in a minute.

Some better punctuation and grammar would be awesome.

Seriously though, employ some comma's and get your capitalization straight.

Uncle Ben:
Peter... Peter can you hear me son? Doctor I think he is waking up.

Peter opens his eyes and see's His aunt and uncle standing over him, and see's a doctor walking into the room, he sits up in his bed and looks around.

Peter:
Wheres gwen aunt may?

Uncle Ben:
Her father picked her up at the conference, he heard the ambulance call go out over his scanner and came to check on her.

Aunt May:
Peter do you remember what happened?

Peter:
I remember talking with harry, and I felt something bite my hand, my head was swimming, and I passed out.

Aunt May:
The doctors drew some blood samples and are running it, to try and find what caused the problem.

Uncle Ben:
Hey Pete, Mr. Fantastic caught you when you fell.

Peter:
Cool, did they find out what it was that bit me?

Uncle Ben:
Your friend harry, said he saw a spider fall off your hand, and he stepped on it.

Peter:
A Spider Bite? When do I get to go home?

Aunt May:
Just as soon as your results get back from the bloodwork. They said it might take a couple of hours so why don't you watch some tv or get some sleep.

Peter:
I will Aunt May.

The three of them leave the room, and peter lays back down and starts looking for a remote to turn on the tv.

Back at Empire State University. Octavius storms into his lab and sits down at his desk. His arms have been delivered back to his lab safely, he is contemplating what had happened, angry with the kids the one that killed the spider and the one that had been bitten by it, he was angry mostly because he had not been able to test the spider for any reactions from his experiment, something else was how immediately after the bite the way the other kid blacked out, he was curious wondering if it was the boys weak tolerance for pain or if the spider had been affected. He decides to go visit the boy in the hospital sort of a to check on him, to help his image and if possible to manage to get a look at the any potential test results.

Back at the Osborn residence, Norman is having a discussion with harry about what took place at the conference. He had an employ present in the audience feeling out any people that would help oscorps science division, Octavius was one that interested him, but his discussion now is wondering if Peter's family is going to sue him for harry's actions.

Harry:
No dad you don't have to worry about that, Peter is a good guy and a friend he wouldn't do that.

Norman:
Well to be sure you are going to go see him in the hospital and find out if thats what his family is thinking of, because I am already busy with one case I don't need another one.

Harry:
I will go see him, but not for you, because I feel guilty.

Norman:
Well you should, he wouldn't be in the hospital if you could leave the damn drugs alone.

Harry:
Well If you didn't put so much pressure on me, I wouldn't have to smoke.

Norman:
Pressure, I am preparing you for taking over this company, you are my succesor, I only put on you what I think you can handle, if you can't handle it you can leave and find a job working like anyone else. Without all the things you have grown accustom to.

Harry ignores the lecture and walks out the door and gets in the car.

Driver:
Where to Mr. Osborn?

Harry:
The hospital I need to see Peter./I]

At the hospital Peter is flipping through the channels and stops on one of his favorite shows, as a commercial comes on advertising a new law firm that has not opened long ago trying to drum up business he sees a portly man with blonde hair and a man sitting in the background wearing shades, sitting incredibly still, like he is oblivious to the world. The man with the blonde hair is talking about how they will take on any case at that peter thinks he see's the man in the background shrink back in his chair a little, Peter entertains the thought for a second before shrugging it off he couldn't do that to harry, he is one of the only friends peter has.

Doctor Octavius:
Hello young man.

Peter turns off the tv and looks at the door seeing Dr. octavius from the conference standing in the door.

Peter:
Dr. Octavius, what are you doing here?

Doctor Octavius:
I just came by to see how you were doing peter you caused quite the stir up at the conference.

Peter:
Caused?

Doctor Octavius:
Slip of the tongue I apologize. What did you think of my work?

Peter:
I was impressed wish I could have seen more if all this had not happened.

Doctor Octavius:
Well why don't you come by the Campus I can show you some more sometime, not to mention If I could get a blood sample from you it would greatly help my research.

Peter:
How would it help?

Doctor Octavius:
If I could manage to obtain a sample of your blood I could prove to the world that my experiment is not harmful to others.

Peter:
Wouldn't the buffer eliminate that theory though doctor?

Doctor Octavius:
Buffer?

Peter:
The spider was what was affected by the experiment any exposure I received was second hand so it would be minimal and near useless to you.

Doctor Octavius:
You are quite intellegent for your age aren't you Mr. Parker.

Peter:
I try, but still I am curious to see if I was affected so if you need a blood sample I will come by once I am released.

Doctor Octavius:
Mr. Parker there is a good chance any affects of the experiment would have either shown themselves or worn off by the time you are released.

Peter:
I see when were you wanting to take the sample?

Doctor Octavius:
I brought a syringe in with me it has been sterilized.

Peter:
Ok Dr. octavius, you can take a sample.

Octavius takes the sample and as he is leaving he bumps into harry, who has just arrived to see peter.

Harry:
Hey pete, I'm so so...

Peter cuts him off.

Peter:
Don't worry about it, I'll live thats whats important.

Harry:
Your right. So are we cool?

Peter:
Do you mean am I going to sue you?

Harry:
kinda yeah?

Peter:
No, I am not going to sue you.

Harry:
My dad was worried.

Peter:
Well we have been friends to long to let a little thing like a spider bite destroy our friendship.

Harry:
Hey peter was that the guy from the conference in here?

Peter:
Yeah Doctor Octavius wanted to run some tests on my blood to prove his machine wasn't harmful to people.

Harry:
Oh ok. So when you getting out?

Peter:
They said they are only going to keep me until my results come back they are running some tests, but I should be home by tommorrow.

Peter:
Well there is a good side to all this.

Harry:
Whats that pete?

Peter:
I have a good excuse not to write that essay for biology on the conference.

Harry:
See there you should be thanking me.

Peter laughs at that.

Back at Oscorp. Norman is in the former Dr. Stromms office he is looking for a string of numbers, the ones that would match up to the offshore account stromm had sent his money to, and Osborn had every intention of getting it back. He notices a drawer at Stromms desk is locked and starts going through his confiscated possesions and finds the keys and unlocks it, it has several notepads and an assortment of other things some disks in it. Osborn takes out one disk marked P:E, He inserts it into the computer and watches a series of trial runs on mice that show them becoming stronger and faster, and starts reading the file on it. He ejects the disk before it finishes and see's where the chemical is stored in stromms safe until further trials are finished. Osborn walks over to the safe and using one of the number combinations he found in stromms drawer he unlocks the safe and see's a bright green chemical. He takes it out of the safe and carries it down the hall and puts it in his safe and takes a sample out to take home and look it over himself before determining what he will do with it.

The next day at the Parker Residence, Peter is in his room pulling his clothes on. He is on his way to pay Dr. Octavius a visit at Empire State University. He walks down the stairs and waves bye to his aunt and uncle before leaving he walks to a nearby train station and gets a return ticket for the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"