• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Legends Shadows of the Empire Appreciation Thread

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
This was the first Star Wars game I ever got on the N64 and the one I played more than any other as a kid. I read the comics a year later but didn't read the novel until middle school. I feel like this is probably the most popular EU product, and it was kind of an amazing event for something not film related. The soundtrack, which has some music in the game, has some really nice original music.

Always hated the damn sewer level. The dianogas creeped me out.

I love that game, although I played it in my PC. I love that the novel spawned the VG, the comic, the soundtrack and it even made people think of turning it into a movie.

I remember being freaked out when Xizor was trying to f**k Leia. This was too adult for SW!:oldrazz:

I am thinking of re-reading this. It was a great story. I loved the N-64 video game!

I really, really want Xizor to show up in the Vader comic.

They are going to pick and choose. The more popular, un-related to the main cast characters have the greatest chance of re-appearing, in some form.

They are going to use the most popular EU characters. So hopefully we'll see Shadows of the Empire characters such as Xizor and Dash Rendar again in one of their comics, or Disney/Lucasfilm will risk seeing their facebook/Youtube pages flooded again by angry fans. Still to this day I read comments cursing them out... :hehe:

i really hope Shadows of the Empire remains as canon. this was the closest thing we ever got to a new film in a way back in the 90s right before the prequels. the marketing for this was insane. books, comics, action figures, videogames, etc.

even Lucas said that SOTE was something he would have liked to do back in the 80s if he had the time and effort. it would be a total shame for this to be completely wiped away. and lets not forget that Dash's ship, the Outrider, makes a cameo in Mos Eisly during Episode 4. so there's that chance of SOTE not being overlooked by Disney

It is no longer canon. An easy way to tell if a book is canon is whether the book has Legends on the cover. If "Legends" is on the cover then it's not canon. Also if it was published prior to September 2014 it is no longer canon.

The only things canon now are:

Episodes 1-7 (and all future films)
TCW
Rebels
All books and comics published after September 2014.

Nothing else is canon.

Last edited:
It is no longer canon. An easy way to tell if a book is canon is whether the book has Legends on the cover. If "Legends" is on the cover then it's not canon. Also if it was published prior to September 2014 it is no longer canon.

TCW
Rebels

Nothing else is canon.

What about TFU? Have they mentioned it specifically? Because those games were canon-approved by Lucas before.

What about TFU? Have they mentioned it specifically? Because those games were canon-approved by Lucas before.

The only things that are canon is what I listed. No games (including TFU) or books or comics published prior to September 2014 are canon anymore. Disney and Lucasfilm said this last year.

The only things that are canon is what I listed. No games (including TFU) or books or comics published prior to September 2014 are canon anymore. Disney and Lucasfilm said this last year.

Okidoki.

TCW
Rebels

Nothing else is canon.

damn, that sucks :csad:

By the way, I googled this and saw that the novel and the comic adaptation does not cover the same things. I have the comics and think they are pretty cool but I've never read the book(s). I'm thinking about getting the book now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"