Share your procrastination stories (tomorrow or the day after)

RetrogradeOrbit

Do I look like I'm joking?
Reaction score
I run my own business and have to input all of the work I do for my clients into a web based database so that invoices can be generated on the last day of each month. My system is thus that invoices can only be generated on the last day of each month.

I firstly write down the work on paper pads, with the intention of transferring it to the database at the end of each day, but a lot of the time it doesn't get done that way.

A lot of the time I end up working all evening on that last day of month, sometimes only getting it all done with minutes to spare until midnight.

Then I always say to myself that I will do it properly next month. But more often than not it does not happen that way...

I have to write a book review for school, I got two more paragraphs to go, but I'm not doing it, I should be.

I get procrastinated with homework.

I've got the greatest procastination story you've ever heard. It started in 2008, right after I found a locked wooden box in my basement.

I'll finish the rest of my post later, right after I play just 10 minutes of Warcraft. Just 10 minutes, then I'll start typing the rest of the story, I swear.

A couple years back I was writing an essay, I was maybe halfway through it at 2AM. Instead of powering through like I usually do I took a break and went out to buy some smokes. Between my house and the gas station there's a park, so I sat down to enjoy a cigarette before getting back to it. Some dude walks up, I think nothing of it. But he stands in front of me, a bandana on his face. This guy tells me to empty my pockets lol. I told him I didn't have anything on me other than the smokes and my keys, which was true, and luckily he believed me. I offered him a smoke. He apologized profusely and walked away.

I finish my smoke and start walking home. I see the dude sitting on someone's lawn. He shouts out to me, and we end up talking. Turns out he needs some money to pay some guy back double quick so he's out trying to get it the easy way, and he shows me this kitchen knife he has tucked away in his jacket. Kind of phased me coz I was ready to fight this dude and I didn't know he had a weapon, but whatever. We chill out, chain smoking, talking about random stuff, life, drugs, school, chicks. Eventually I walk back with him to the gas station and we part ways. On my way home I smoked the last cigarette in the pack.

I walk into my room and there's my monitor on with my half-finished essay. It was 6AM. I lol'd, saved and exited, then decided to walk to school coz there was no way I would get it done in 1-2 hours. Good times. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"