Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83217

Source: Deadline
October 14, 2011

shawn-levy-frankenstein.jpg

Shawn Levy is attached to direct a project called The Three Misfortunes of Geppetto, Deadline reports.

The story, from screenwriter/playwright Michael Vukadinovich, is a prequel to the classic fairy tale "Pinocchio" and tells of the life and love of the puppet-turned-boy's creator.

Though Levy is said to be attached, he recently admitted to ComingSoon.net that anything with his name on it as director has to be taken with a grain of salt.

"According to the internet, I'm going to be directing 19 different movies simultaneously as my next," he laughed during the Real Steel junket.

Two major projects that have caught Levy's eye, both also with 20th Century Fox, are the Max Landis-scripted adaptation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and the Isaac Asimov adaptation Fantastic Voyage.

Meh, I'd say Fantastic Voyage is his best option.

I agree with you Hunter.I'd like to see a remake of Fantastic Voyage.

A prequel to Pinocchio? You gotta be kidding me.

at least it's not a prequel about the tree used to make the puppet.

at least it's not a prequel about the tree used to make the puppet.

That would actually be not a bad idea. One of my friends told me they saw a Squirrel punching a Pigeon over a nut, and I missed it, so I would like to see that onscreen.

Call it 'Over a Nut', and have a Squirrel/Pigeon war develop, y'know, over a nut, and you can hook in the chickflick brigade with that title, as they will think it is about a woman getting over a nutter she dated.

Last edited:
I know it's hasty to judge the project already, but this sounds incredibly dull. Frankly, I'm more interested to see Bryan Fuller's take on Pinocchio. Yes, it's another adaptation but at least it'll be more interesting than this, as Fuller's style is perfect for the material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"