Shining Girls (Apple TV+)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

Based on Lauren Beukes’ best-selling novel, Shining Girls follows Kirby Mazrachi (Moss) as a Chicago newspaper archivist whose journalistic ambitions were put on hold after enduring a traumatic assault. Years after a brutal attack left her in a constantly shifting reality, Kirby Mazrachi learns that a recent murder is linked to her assault. She teams with veteran reporter Dan Velazquez (played by Wagner Moura) to understand her ever-changing present—and confront her past. In addition to Moss and Moura, the gripping drama stars Phillipa Soo with Amy Brenneman and Jamie Bell rounding out the ensemble cast

Enjoying it so far, reminds me a bit of 'Dark' where you need to pay close attention sometimes keep notes on what is happening, most of the episodes are directed by Michelle MacLaren

Watched the first two episodes so far and I’m digging it. Though Elizabeth Moss is starting to get typecast as characters who are being stalked by psychos with superpowers lol.

It feels like an episode of X Files that's been directed by David Fincher.

Elizabeth Moss plays a lot of traumatized women. I can see why Moss said she wants to do some comedy at some point.

Jaime Bell is suitably creepy. I keep wondering why people keep talking to his character though as he has friendly yet sketchy demeanour.

This show reminds me a bit of 'In The Shadow Of The Moon'.

I haven't started it yet... I'm timid - the promos didn't look like anything I had in mind when I read the novel, which was one of my favorite books in the past few years.

It's very much if Michael Myers found a Delorean.

Nearly caught up, the one thing that's bugging me is they did a whole backstory episode on Bell's character but they don't really explain what lead him to become a serial killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"