• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Should a Bowie biopic be made?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Personally I would say yes that David Bowie should have his own biopic. I mean it has been 2 years since his death and honestly how a biopic has not been discussed at all seems to amaze me. However, it begs the question of who could even play Bowie in a biopic should it ever be made?

It's been done. Barely joking.
MV5BOTVhM2JhZDAtYWMwMS00NjE5LWI5ZTEtNDQxZmIxMzIxYzVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Sure, at some point. The man's impact on rock and pop music was immense.

Velvet goldmine is another movie that was supposed to be about bowie, but rights were an issue and wasn't allowed so they changed it ever so slightly, but it screams of Bowie - plus it features Bruce Wayne making sweet love to Obi Wan Kenobi.

I would love a decent biopic, there would have to be 2 actors to portray bowie, early years and later - i would say Cillian Murphy, heavily under fed would be great as would Tom Hiddleston.

Velvet goldmine is another movie that was supposed to be about bowie, but rights were an issue and wasn't allowed so they changed it ever so slightly, but it screams of Bowie - plus it features Bruce Wayne making sweet love to Obi Wan Kenobi.

Man, I'd forgotten about Velvet Goldmine. I've only seen it once, years ago on late night TV, but I remember really liking it.

Oddly I can picture Tilda Swinton as Bowie more than anyone else.

Oddly? She’s the only choice.

ipHFkAp.jpg

"Should" is impossible to say without having an actual script in front of me, but I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

Oddly I can picture Tilda Swinton as Bowie more than anyone else.

Tilda Swinton is literally the only actor I can think of that has the right look and temperament to truly embody Bowie. And why not? I think he definitely would have supported it, they're both famous for their genderfluid and androgynous look and hell, Cate Blanchett got nominated for an Oscar for playing Bob Dylan so it's hardly like there isn't a precedent for it.

Tilda Swinton is literally the only actor I can think of that has the right look and temperament to truly embody Bowie. And why not? I think he definitely would have supported it, they're both famous for their genderfluid and androgynous look and hell, Cate Blanchett got nominated for an Oscar for playing Bob Dylan so it's hardly like there isn't a precedent for it.

^Every word! :up:

Fun fact: they tried to get Cumberbatch to play Bowie in the Freddie Mercury movie once.

Cate Blanchett got nominated for an Oscar for playing Bob Dylan so it's hardly like there isn't a precedent for it.

Hmm, why not do it I’m Not There style with a different actor for each persona?

Last edited:
OMG, Tilda all the way on this. Bowie would approve, if he wasn't busy right now tripping out on LSD with Mozart and Tupac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"