Should Marvel Get The Rights Back To All It's Characters?

So basically, no, there is no evidence. You should stop acting like its fact, then.

Especially considering Chris Evans has already played 2 different superheroes for 2 different studios...

it's possible I guess, but weird to assume.

Especially considering Chris Evans has already played 2 different superheroes for 2 different studios...

it's possible I guess, but weird to assume.

To be honest there is no FF film going on at the time he signed on for Cap

To be honest there is no FF film going on at the time he signed on for Cap

Yes. When they decided not to push forward with a third film, those actors were essentially released from their contracts.

the same way the cast of mr raimi's spider-man trilogy was released?

the same way the cast of mr raimi's spider-man trilogy was released?

As far as I know, they had to renegotiate every contract for the canceled Spider-Man 4...the cast was only signed up for 3 films.

As far as I know, they had to renegotiate every contract for the canceled Spider-Man 4...the cast was only signed up for 3 films.

They renegotiated for every film...What Tobey made on the first one is nothing like what he made on the last two. For 2 and 3 he took less money upfront for points on the backend( a percentage of the Box office) and made a lot of money.

1. $4,000,000 for Spider-Man (2002)
2. $26,000,000 for Spider-Man 2 (2004)
3. $26,000,000 for Spider-Man 3 (2007)

and he was going to get 50Mil for 4 and 5.

There may not be evidence, but I think it's common sense that these studio's aren't going to want their top stars to be gallivanting around studio to studio playing different superheroes.

I wouldn't be shocked in the least if they all have exclusivity clauses.

So neither are accurate.

Change is change, whether the changes were good or bad is simply individual opinion, in the end they aren't accurate either way.

I find that (with all comic book movies) some of the changes are better than the material from the comics and some are a severe detriment to the character, but mostly they're in the acceptable and enjoyable column.
This

Which is still zero evidence for any exclusivity clauses.

I think the best evidence for a lack of them is Ryan Reynolds...he signed on to play Green Lantern while Deadpool was still in development. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this oversight has been corrected in more recent signings.

Or it could be that the companies largely don't care in any organized manner what the actors do when not filming the movies they've contracted for. Oh, there may be some petty schedule games, but as long as Actor X is available to film Movie Y, as promised, then if they want to do other movies, nobody cares.

What really limits direct competition isn't some sinister clause, its simply that everyone wants 3+ movie contracts, which puts a practical limit on your ability to act in other mega franchises at the same time.

I don't think Marvel Studios is even big enough for Spidey, Fantastic Four, and X-Men and what they currently have. Not to mention Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, especially X-Men deserve its own universe. What Marvel is doing right now is fine, and they have a lot of possibilities to work with and they don't need two franchises that blow up any single character that they own.

I personally think Spider-Man fits well in the Marvel Universe, I always enjoy it when he interacts with other superheroes; I also find it weird that there's a world where Spider-Man is the only superhero...it just feels off. Plus, it makes the whole "downbeat superhero" thing more apparent when Iron Man is a superstar, while Peter is struggling to get through college and pay his bills.

As for the Fantastic Four, they DEFINITELY need to be in a connected Marvel Universe. There's a ton of FF stories that can't be used if the movie can't have the likes of Black Panther, Namor, The Inhumans, etc... in it.

I can see the argument about why the X-Men being in a separate universe works, I'd prefer them to be in a connected MU though. I love Wolverine & Spidey's friendship, I'd kill to see it in a movie one day.

Not just yes but heck yes!

Did anyone see what Singer did to Quicksilver? And I'm supposed to believe that Singer had plans for him way before Whedon..? At this point id I'd have more respect for the man if he did admit that QS was a last minute shoe horn. Because if thats the result of months of planning then "pathetic" doesn't justify it enough. Bishop looks horrible, that Sentinel looks bad and Wolverine running the show yet again does more harm than good at this point. "Second highest budget to Avatar?"

Singer and Jackman must be stashing that money....

Was gonna give ASM2 the benefit of the doubt but all 3 villians look horrible to me.

So yeah revert...or not...cause if Marvel churns out another crappy IM3 twist or mediocre Thor sequel, I'll just skip CBM's all together.

You honestly think that they wrote the role, had actors audition for the role, chose the actor they liked, wrote up the contracts, had the actors people sign off on the contracts and announced it to the world all within the two days that Whedon said he might think of using Quicksilver in the future?

I'm not fond of his look, but it is just his civilian clothing not his super hero/villain costume.

There's also a recent report of a test screening that states Quicksilvers role was bigger than expected.

Last edited:
You honestly think that they wrote the role, had actors audition for the role, chose the actor they liked, wrote up the contracts, had the actors people sign off on the contracts and announced it to the world all within the two days that Whedon said he might think of using Quicksilver in the future?

I'm not fond of his look, but it is just his civilian clothing not his super hero/villain costume.

There's also a recent report of a test screening that states Quicksilvers role was bigger than expected.

Fox is evil...EEEEEVILLLLL!!!

Fox is evil...EEEEEVILLLLL!!!

1234482849341.gif

As desperate as Fox is I wouldn't be surprised by anything, especially when it looks completely last minute anyway.

That sounds like something FOX would do

That sounds like something FOX would do

Exactly!

If your going to try to justify Singer's nonsense at least come correct. We already know how terrible Singer's track record is as far as "costumes" go and right now it looks like QS ran full speed through a thrift shop.

So again if that is the result of months of previous planing then my point stands.

And hopefully Singer and Fox will get a reality check this coming Memorials Day.

Personally yeah you wish Marvel had their full stable to play with but it is what it is. As far as getting rights back. My first choice would be The Fantastic Four. Mainly cause Galactus, Silver Surfer, and Dr.Doom are some of the better Marvel creations. Second I would personally want Namor back. He's just one of my favorite characters. Then spiderman would be great just for his stable of villains. Last for me would be the xmen. They just never really seemed to fit into the marvel universe with the whole humanity hating mutants.

In reality this is probably the likelihood of getting the rights back.
1.Fantastic Four-Seems most likely to revert. Time being the big issue.
2.Namor-not sure how he isn't back at marvel. Universal most have a hell of a long contract. Should return to marvel sooner rather than later.
3.X-men- With Days of future past set to release and Apocalypse in the pipeline. Also with a xforce, deadpool, and another wolverine movie in the works, the xmen look to be at fox for the foreseeable future. This isn't necessarily a bad thing cause like I said earlier the xmen fit better bythemselves then in the greater MCU.
4.Spiderman-one of the most popular of all comic book Hero's. His movies are some of the most profitable. With AS2 on its way and apparently a Venom solo and a sinister six solo. This might be the one property marvel never gets back. It's already been rebooted once and is still going strong. I'd say no chance to seeing spiderman revert. But marvel does have a good relationship with sony so don't count out the web slinger appearing in the MCU someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"