Silo

Best pilot I've seen in ages, production design, sound design, worldbuilding are all fantastic, it might be the best thing I've seen from Apple since Severance.

Need to watch this! I saw the trailer and it gave me Snowpiercer vibes, which is a great thing.

I liked the first two episodes so far. Ferguson’s character has yet to really interest me the way Rashida Jones’s character does. They’re very different.

Need to watch this! I saw the trailer and it gave me Snowpiercer vibes, which is a great thing.
I heavily disliked Snowpiercer (the movie) but loved this. I don't know if that's helpful you or not. Just putting it out there. :funny:

I heavily disliked Snowpiercer (the movie) but loved this. I don't know if that's helpful you or not. Just putting it out there. :funny:

I wasn’t a huge fan of the movie but I really liked the TV series.

This show is great so far and loving the aesthetics' of it., in a way (to me at least) it kind of reminds me of a live version of 'Attack on Titan', large group of people living in a closed off community with the threat of something from outside looming (only just not giant humanoid monsters). I'd say my only complaint (small one)is Rebecca's accent keeps slipping every now and then.

Atli Örvarsson is just doing masterful work with the score

Read the books by Hugh Howey. They were fantastic!

So I finally caved in and got the books, and the one thing I noticed is just how much personality Juliet seems to have compared to the tv series.

So I finally finished 'Wool' over the weekend, currently just started Shift .
I say the biggest thing that sticks out to me is Tim Robbins as Bernard, also caught up with the latest episode and I love that we get some background into Billings and his family oh and nice to see Lucas show up again

I haven't read any of the books but I'm at episode 8 and I really like this show. It has a very interesting premise and world-building, a nice slow burn feeling to it and for the most part a stellar cast. It could very much be the best new show I've watched this year, not that it has much competition.

But I have two major gripes, especially after watching the latest episode.
1. They shouldn't have shown us what the hard drive contains from the first episode. Everything is building towards Juliette finding out, but we as the audience already know and it takes away from the mystery. Even more so they should never have given us any glimpse of how the outside world looks and so early in the show. Whether that's in the books or not, I see it as an important narrative issue personally.

2. The plot twist was entirely obvious from the very beginning. Why do studios keep on (type)casting well-known actors, then having them barely appear on a show/movie until it is revealed they are secretly the villains behind all and expect everyone to be shocked? I hate it when it happens. It takes away from the overall experience.
I'm very curious as to how it will continue and I'm really glad it got a second season, though. It is a very promising show, even if I feel it hasn't (yet) reached its full potential.

No book spoilers for me please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"