Skydance Reunites ‘Apollo 13’ Team For Neal Stephenson Sci-Fi Novel ‘Seveneves

Logan0327

Sidekick
Reaction score
xLLM9V.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Skydance has set the Apollo 13 team of writer Bill Broyles, director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer for an adaptation of bestselling author Neal Stephenson’s sci-fi novel Seveneves. Grazer and Howard’s Imagine Entertainment is producing the ambitious adaptation.

The 2015 book centers on a catastrophic event that renders Earth a ticking time bomb, and nations band together to devise a plan to ensure the survival of humanity in outer space. Five thousand years later, their progeny — seven races now 3 billion strong — embark on another audacious journey to an alien world utterly transformed by cataclysm and time: Earth.
http://deadline.com/2016/06/sevenev...r-bill-broyles-apollo-13-skydance-1201769130/

I'm hoping Ron doesn't direct. I like him but he's been inconsistent for the past few years. Out of the blue, he'll have a great movie (RUSH, FROST/NIXON) but still.

Always nice to see news about an adaptation that isn't the latest YA-phenomenon or has already been filmed a million times.

Ron seems better with smaller stuff these days, though I find the Langdon series a massive guilty pleasure. There's a ton of other guys way better suited. Gareth Edwards is free!

Ron seems better with smaller stuff these days, though I find the Langdon series a massive guilty pleasure. There's a ton of other guys way better suited. Gareth Edwards is free!

Ehhhhh......

Gareth Edwards is directing Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

He's finshed with it and in post production bar pick up shots. But he said he want's to do his passion projects next and not a big studio move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"