• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Skydance Reunites ‘Apollo 13’ Team For Neal Stephenson Sci-Fi Novel ‘Seveneves

Logan0327

Sidekick
Reaction score
xLLM9V.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Skydance has set the Apollo 13 team of writer Bill Broyles, director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer for an adaptation of bestselling author Neal Stephenson’s sci-fi novel Seveneves. Grazer and Howard’s Imagine Entertainment is producing the ambitious adaptation.

The 2015 book centers on a catastrophic event that renders Earth a ticking time bomb, and nations band together to devise a plan to ensure the survival of humanity in outer space. Five thousand years later, their progeny — seven races now 3 billion strong — embark on another audacious journey to an alien world utterly transformed by cataclysm and time: Earth.
http://deadline.com/2016/06/sevenev...r-bill-broyles-apollo-13-skydance-1201769130/

I'm hoping Ron doesn't direct. I like him but he's been inconsistent for the past few years. Out of the blue, he'll have a great movie (RUSH, FROST/NIXON) but still.

Always nice to see news about an adaptation that isn't the latest YA-phenomenon or has already been filmed a million times.

Ron seems better with smaller stuff these days, though I find the Langdon series a massive guilty pleasure. There's a ton of other guys way better suited. Gareth Edwards is free!

Ron seems better with smaller stuff these days, though I find the Langdon series a massive guilty pleasure. There's a ton of other guys way better suited. Gareth Edwards is free!

Ehhhhh......

Gareth Edwards is directing Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

He's finshed with it and in post production bar pick up shots. But he said he want's to do his passion projects next and not a big studio move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"