Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=92772

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci Plan Sleepy Hollow Series

Source: Deadline
July 20, 2012

sleepy-h.jpg

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Transformers, Star Trek) are planning to develop a present day adaptation of the now-classic 1820 Washington Irving short story, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." Deadline reports that Len Wiseman (the upcoming Total Recall) will direct the pilot.

Kurtzman and Orci will write alongside Phillip Iscove. The show will follow Ichabod Crane's adventures as he teams with the local law enforcement of Sleepy Hollow (including the town's female sheriff).

"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" has been adapted for film and television as far back as 1922. It last hit the big screen with Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow in 1999 and the small screen with "The Hollow," an ABC Family telefilm that also brought the plot to present day.

Interesting. I am excited, as I have been impatiently waiting for a new entry with the undead Hessian...

sounds interesting...

so are we to assume that the crimes/mysteries within the series will be supernatural-based?

and let's hope that if this DOES see the light of day, that it's just as atmospheric and dark and as appropriately creepy as the Burton film...

Kurtzman and Orci are responsible in part for one of my favorite series on television right now (Fringe) and the first enjoyable CBS procedural in ages (Hawaii Five-0), so they've got my attention.

I'm just not sure Wiseman's the right guy for it. I like him, but I like him on more action oriented stuff. This seems like it should have a dark, gothic feel... I guess Underworld somewhat falls into that category, but that's still mostly action IMO.

This is a great idea for tv show. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Hmmm...got this one on my radar now.

I wonder when we'll see the pilot, January?

I doubt it. First it'll need an official pilot order, that'll come early next year. Then casting and shooting. Then whether or not the network orders it to series in May. Then, we'll either see it next fall or early 2014.

Lets hope it's a fall show.

The CW also has a modern day Sleepy Hollow drama in development.

I doubt it. First it'll need an official pilot order, that'll come early next year. Then casting and shooting. Then whether or not the network orders it to series in May. Then, we'll either see it next fall or early 2014.

Lets hope it's a fall show.

Yeah and it depends on how their new shows do, since Fox has limited primetime real estate with The X-Factor and American Idol along with Sundays and Tuesdays airing comedies.

1. Fringe will be gone so that opens up 12-13 weeks.
  2. The Following if a hit will only have 15 episode seasons to allow Kevin Bacon to film movies.
  3. Bones could end but I think it lasts until spring 2014. What is the contract situation with the stars?
  4. The Mob Doctor could fail.
  5. Touch could also be canceled or remain as a Friday show.

Fox only has 2 new dramas this year so it will be in tough but it would be great to see it launch next Fall on Mondays with Bones as a lead in. Or would Fox ever think of shrinking their Sunday night animation lineup for the fall and air a drama in the old X-Files slot?

Family Guy still wins their timeslot but ratings have shrunk for the past few seasons and The Simpsons finishes 3rd and Bob's Burgers, American Dad and Cleveland Show are weaker than The Simpsons.

They could air Cleveland 730pm/ The Simpsons 800pm/ Family Guy 830pm for 13 weeks and give Sleepy Hallow a 2 hour premiere before the animated shows debut so it can finish by the end of January and to let American Dad and Bob's Burgers on the schedule.

I was hoping it would be sooner. :( Do you work for a network Shifty? I've never seen anyone able to analyse TV show placements like you before, you sound like you're pitching a schedule to a boss.

Definitely interesting, I like the story of Sleepy Hollow. I'll be alert for whenever they plan to release it.

I was hoping it would be sooner. :( Do you work for a network Shifty? I've never seen anyone able to analyse TV show placements like you before, you sound like you're pitching a schedule to a boss.

No I wish I did sometimes. Just a hobby of mine that has grown over the years.

One thing I have to wonder about with this.... how will it work as a series? Can you really get a whole series-worth of stories from the Headless Horseman?

One thing I have to wonder about with this.... how will it work as a series? Can you really get a whole series-worth of stories from the Headless Horseman?

It seems like its just going to be Fox's version of Grimm and Supernatural.

They get to use the Sleepy Hallow name, setting and likely Headless Horseman as the 'big bad' but Crane will be working with a female partner to solve mysteries in the town.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/orl...sleepy-hollow-adam-campbell-in-abcs-mixology/
Orlando Jones and Katia Winter (Dexter) have been cast in Sleepy Hollow, Fox’s drama pilot co-written by Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci and directed by Len Wiseman. A modern–day supernatural thriller based on The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, the project, from 20th TV and K/O Paper Products, follows Ichabod Crane as he partners with Sleepy Hollow’s local female sheriff to solve the mysteries of a town ravaged by the battle between good and evil. Jones, repped by Paradigm and New Wave, will play Lt. Frank Williams, the serious and sternly professional detective transferred to Sleepy Hollow to investigate a double homicide. Swedish actress Winter, repped by Gersh and Schachter Entertainment, will play Katrina, Crane’s wife and a nurse with the 37thRegiment in the Revolutionary War. Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman and Heather Kadin exec produce, co-writer Phillip Iscove serves as supervising producer.
The Revolutionary War.... I thought this was supposed to be modern day.

Could Ichabod be immortal? Hmm...

Okay, the article from The Hollywood Reporter makes it more clear...
In the script, Ichabod is described as a captain in the Revolutionary War who has been to hell and back. The former history professor finds himself catapulted to present day Sleepy Hollow, where he's indicted for the murder of a police officer and forced to prove not only his innocence but make a wary detective believe he's a traveler from the 18th century.
Casting suggestion for Ichabod: Tim Roth. :o:up:

I literally live next to the real Sleepy Hollow. Which means I will probably hate this show due to all the inaccuracies.

This sounds stupid. Why does it have to be a modern retelling? It's basically sounds like a cop/detective/investigative procedural wrapped with a hint of supernatural elements - so basically it's Grimm.

This sounds stupid. Why does it have to be a modern retelling? It's basically sounds like a cop/detective/investigative procedural wrapped with a hint of supernatural elements - so basically it's Grimm.

I gotta agree. Who gives a **** about Ichabod? It's the headless horseman and dreary colonial setting that make the story interesting. Not a befuddled detective in modern times. Now I am about as interested in this as tree moss.

I'm more interested in this now, knowing that he's a man out of time, than I was when we thought it'd be completely modern. I'm gonna give it a shot.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/tom-mison-to-star-as-ichabod-crane-in-foxs-sleepy-hollow-pilot/
Tom Mison To Star As Ichabod Crane In Fox’s ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Pilot
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: British actor Tom Mison (Salmon Fishing In The Yemen) has landed the lead in Sleepy Hollow, Fox’s drama pilot written by Alex Kurtzman, Bob Orci and Phillip Iscove and directed by Len Wiseman. A modern–day supernatural thriller based on The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, the project, from 20th TV and K/O, follows Ichabod Crane (Mison) as he partners with Sleepy Hollow’s Detective Abbie Archer (Nicole Beharie) to solve the mysteries of a town ravaged by the battle between good and evil. A captain from the Revolutionary War where he takes off a horseman’s head, Ichabod gets time warped into present day where he is confused by the modern technology but turns out to be a great detective once his enemy, The Headless Horseman, comes back to haunt the town. Orlando Jones and Katia Winter co-star in the pilot exec produced by Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman and Heather Kadin. Mison, repped by CAA and Kate Buckley at UK’s 42, co-stars in the HBO five-part miniseries Parade’s End, which premieres tonight.
I'm really surprised they didn't go with a more recognizable actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"