Smooth jazz lovers?

Docker2.0

Watchin' you!
Reaction score
Anyway, some of you know in the NY-NJ-PA area, that Smooth Jazz CD101.9 station has closed for some crappy rock station. I mean the CRAPPIEST rock music I have ever heard! If you are goign to change formats, change it for a good one! Anyway, this kind of kills the jazz format cuase there really isn't to many options that you can listen to in this area. Anyone love the smooth jazz format? Any local stations stop playing it lately? Speak on this peeps!

They killed it in my city. My wife loved it. But I got tired of the mix-ins with Mariah Carey and Whitney. Never any real jazz vocalists unless it was Sade or Diana Krall.

Anyway, some of you know in the NY-NJ-PA area, that Smooth Jazz CD101.9 station has closed for some crappy rock station. I mean the CRAPPIEST rock music I have ever heard! If you are goign to change formats, change it for a good one! Anyway, this kind of kills the jazz format cuase there really isn't to many options that you can listen to in this area. Anyone love the smooth jazz format? Any local stations stop playing it lately? Speak on this peeps!

I love smooth jazz too, but thats why I switched to internet radio.

I like Miles Davis and John Coltrane myself. Also Brubeck.

I like the older stuff, from Davis and Coltrane and the like. The rest just puts me to sleep. Literally. I used to listen to our smooth jazz station, which just made me pass out.

Hmmm...not sure. What is the difference between smooth jazz and just jazz?

I listen to Sonny Sharrock.
Not by any means smooth, but technically he is jazz.

Yes! I looove smooth jazz. I listen to it on the tv at home a lot or on satellite radio.

Steve Rogers, I'm not sure this is the "official" definition of smooth jazz, but to me it's a more contemporary and prettier type of jazz, and it's often instrumental. Artists like Boney James, Kenny G, Dave Koz, Chris Botti, Lee Ritenour, 3rd Force, even David Sanborn are all considered Smooth Jazz.

There's tons more I can't think of at the moment.

i hate smooth jazz. its up there with country music as the only music i absolutely wont listen to.

i do, however, love jazz. duke ellington, and ESPECIALLY vince guaraldi, that man is a master.

when i see "smooth jazz" i think "jazz flute" and recall will ferrel as ron burgandy in anchorman :woot:

Yes! I looove smooth jazz. I listen to it on the tv at home a lot or on satellite radio.

Steve Rogers, I'm not sure this is the "official" definition of smooth jazz, but to me it's a more contemporary and prettier type of jazz, and it's often instrumental. Artists like Boney James, Kenny G, Dave Koz, Chris Botti, Lee Ritenour, 3rd Force, even David Sanborn are all considered Smooth Jazz.

There's tons more I can't think of at the moment.
How can you leave out Paul Hardcastle and Hiroshima?! :cmad:

Crap! this is a perfect day to listen to CD101.9 but the station closed!! Bring it back!! :cmad: :csad:

John Scofield all the way baby.
icon14.gif

I'd like to go beyond rock and cultivate a taste for jazz. Anyone have some titles for me to check out?

Anything Kenny G, Hiroshima, or Paul Hardcastle. Mindi Abair is ok as well. You should check them out on youtube and get a feel for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"