So, are you going to get an Oculus Rift?

RetrogradeOrbit

Do I look like I'm joking?
Reaction score
I think this is going to be one of the greatest advancements in gaming since 3D graphics cards became commercially available for the PC...

Check it out
http://www.oculusvr.com/

What do you think?

I will probably have one eventually. This really will change gaming for the consumer.

I think it's an interesting technology. I want to try it out, but I doubt it's going to be the game-changer some are making it out to be.

What would be the long term effects of something like this on the eyes? Momma always said don't set too close to the tv or you would go blind, so wearing this thing on your head for too long would probably damage your eyes quicker than anything.

Last edited:
Reports are saying it is very comfortable on the eyes and feels very natural. I have also heard that it can be worn for long periods without causing any strain on the neck or head.

The one thing I would like to see is for them to be able to ramp the resolution up to full HD or beyond. The developer kits are 1280 x 800 which is around 720p.

Really looking forward to being able to try one. Maybe at a trade show in the UK later this year...?

Just to clarify the above to anyone who thinks he was the one being chased, he was a victim of the men the police were chasing when they hit him as he crossed a street. They were involved in a shoot out just prior to the chase.

Here's why you should always screw with someone wearing an Oculus Rift

cbz0iavomzpzzfaipngz.gif

Do you consider yourself a good friend? Well then the next time your buddy puts on the future scopes that is the Oculus Rift and starts getting amazed at the all encompassing alternate reality, you have to give them a gentle push in the back to screw with their balance. They'll start flailing for their lives and screaming and just look so ridiculous that it'll be hilarious. It's what a good friend would do.

The future of friendship starts at around the 1 minute 25 second mark of this video of guys using the Oculus Rift in Russia. Uncontrollable laughter begins at the 1 minute 40 second mark. What are friends for but to laugh at your foolishness?

[YT]Odax7F3tWhM[/YT]

That GIF does not do this justice, please watch the video! I could not stop laughing at how much this guy freaks out, I'm dying over here :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"