So I switched to Mobile ESPN a month ago...

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
...And in about 2 months, it is possibly being shut down.

Dear Mobile ESPN Customer Thank you for your support of Mobile ESPN. We have been proud to provide fans like you the best wireless sports content experience.
We have, however, decided to change the direction of Mobile ESPN. As of December 31, 2006, Mobile ESPN will cease providing wireless service and work to deliver our content experience through another nationwide carrier. Until that time, you will continue to receive Mobile ESPN's voice and data services, as well as complete billing and customer care support.
The good news is the Mobile ESPN content you have come to enjoy and expect will soon be available through the service of another nationwide wireless provider. Before December 1, we will contact you with details about the potential future home of Mobile ESPN. We will also provide you with valuable offers to assist in your transition to a new carrier. Until that time, we encourage you to continue to use Mobile ESPN service and enjoy all the latest sports news and information.
Should you elect to cancel your Mobile ESPN service, you may do so at any time without an early termination fee. As we do today, Mobile ESPN will continue to support porting requests to move your phone number to whatever new carrier you choose. And, you will be refunded the original purchase price of your handset as long as your account is in good standing.
We have truly valued your business and apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Lame. Well, the free termination and headset reimbursement is good :up:

But overall, lame. I love this phone.

Well, they are looking for another carrier, since Sprint is dropping out.

Most likely Verizon or Cingular :down

In that case, I'll just sell my phone back, etc. and just stick with Sprint.

Am I the only Hyper with a Mobile ESPN account?

Wow.

Possibly the only one who has one and cares

Maybe if I saw picture of beloved phone I could care. :huh:

Link no good.
Image google.
Did you rent,buy or see in theater?

Your phone should come with Chris Berman ringtones. :o

verizon and cingular are the only good providers anyway.

On a somewhat related note, I really wish that the cable providers would start offering a la carte choices of cable channels when you sign up. I've heard that the sports channels like ESPN, ESPN2, etc are the most expensive channels that cable companies have to pay for to carry. Since I don't give a crap about watching sports on TV and never will, there are about 10 sports channels that could just be removed permenantly from my cable lineup and my monthly cost would probably drop about 20% as a result. :cmad:

I"m switching to Verizon today. I want a razr LOLZZ

tzarinna said:
Link no good.
Image google.
Did you rent,buy or see in theater?

I rented it, but when my mom came home from the store, she bought it :up:

Well, I got Verizon. And I'm satisfied, so far:up:

It's awesome... they are reimbursing my credit still owed from the $150 credit for signing up with M. ESPN, and paying for my phone. Not to mention terminating the service for free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"