So much for Republicans making us safer...

maxwell's demon said:
that was the only part of the speech i heard. "Read" is what i should have said -there we go, another colloquialism.
i saw the pull quote, then read the story and head to go and read it again in order to undersand what the Whie House was saying.

and maybe...but the fact is that Lazur said point blank, that there was ONLY ONE WAY to view it. and then when told darthphere called him on it, he tried to say he hadnt said that.

hence the meta meta met-a-ness of irony in this sub-argument.

Ah ok.

I should have read more of the thread before I butted my big congested nose in to it I guess. LOL

tomahawk53 said:
Do you honestly think that any of the white house republicans heard the speech in it's entirety?
Yes, they have people who's job it is, to do just that.
tomahawk53 said:
Let's say you read something wrote on a dry erase board at work and you know the guy that wrote it doesn't like you. But on the board he's talking bad about something else completely. Would you know that it was about you? Like it says 'The bathrooms here don't work'...but instead of talking about the bathrooms he meant you. But if you had heard his entire report he was equating you to the bathrooms but that part got left out.
You are right here. My point is that the republican spin machine is the one who erased part of the board and then told me to focus on the part they left up.
tomahawk53 said:
EDIT - Like I stated before I didn't hear about this until after it was already out that he messed the joke up. And of course I believe that 100% and know that he was not talking about the troops.
Glad we can agree on that part.

Mal'Akai said:
You are right here. My point is that the republican spin machine is the one who erased part of the board and then told me to focus on the part they left up.

It was blown WAY out of proportion to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"