Songs: The Original Vs. The Cover

More of a sample.
And love the (staged or not I don't know) fun reactions that moment when people recognize it ...

Last edited:
and i've never heard this one before

Paramore Sunday Bloody Sunday

I don't even know what the original sounds like and I don't feel like knowing.

Though not a cover, I do love Mike Shinoda’s remix of Depeche Mode’s “Enjoy The Silence”

It’s just as good as the original I think

The original Come On Eileen (1982) was by Dexys Midnight Runners. This is a pretty solid cover — and energetic live performance — by Sugarland.

Maybe there should be a remix thread because while this is not technically a cover, it's an incredible redo by Miami Nights 1984 of an already perfect song.

Do these count?

Collide has done several cool covers (most famously with Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit, the end credit song from Resident Evil: Extinction), and their new take on Muse's Supermassive Black Hole is reliably interesting.

lily posting some solid ones :up:

i do prefer Leona's over Snow Patrol though.

and i wish Kelly would release a Kellyoke album already

Rodgers and Hammerstein wrote the song "You'll Never Walk Alone" for "Carousel". I don't know who else did it, but the great Roy Hamilton won a talent show in Harlem when he sang it. I suppose it's "possible" someone did another, better version, but I kinda doubt it.

Listen

lily posting some solid ones :up:

i do prefer Leona's over Snow Patrol though.

and i wish Kelly would release a Kellyoke album already
She did do one, but it didn't have that many songs. It's on Spotify and Apple Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"