Transformers Soundwave... Songs That You'd Like to Hear in this Film

I don't know if I like that idea. I saw a version of the trailer with that one song from Requiem of a Dream (I know, I know...a bit overplayed) and it increased the effect of the trailer for me. The music-less trailer reminded me too much of T3 where they only played the score during the credits. Very ineffective for me.

I usually prefer silence to music.

I hate it when the score basically says "this is where you're supposed to be sad".

Hmm...I have enough silence in real life so when I watch my movies I'd like a little more escape.

Hmm...I have enough silence in real life so when I watch my movies I'd like a little more escape.

You don't listen to music in real life?

Anyway, I'm not saying scores can't be effective, but when overused they usually work against the movie. Especially when they try to guide the audience's emotions (as if the scene needs a little Red Bull to pump the pathos up :whatever: ).

Most good movies use it sparingly, in moments where nobody is talking, to mark the passage of scenes, etc, but they are not at all necessary. One of my favourite movies of all time, The Birds, has no music at all. That made the awesome sound effects stand out, increasing the suspense.

Btw, Transformers has a lot of potential for creepy sound effects...

CFlash you talking about the 80's animted Hulk show, where Hulk would revert back to Banner and he would be fully clothed? Or you talking about the Bill Bixby one? Both had awesome memorable themes imo.

As far as Soundwave, i'd like to hear him play TF:The Movie theme performed by Lion.

Loved Lion's recording of the TF theme. Nowadays guitarist Doug Aldrich is currently tearing up the stage with Whitesnake. The guy truly is an amazing axemaster. He deserves the recognition.

Unfortunately, silence in a move is just another excuse for people to start yapping.

I also agree, Transformers could have a lot of creepy effects, but the chances of that happening are slim I think.

Only those of us who have seen the citeron (sp?) Adverts should get this but i wouldn't mind having the music from either of the adverts in the movie somewhere

I suppose they can have "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" in the background when Optimus Prime and Megatron battle it out or something.

Don't get that.....

Personally, i love the music in TF:TM, and I really don't like hair bands. That theme by Lion is f***in brilliant!!! But, i don't want to hear any modern rock or rap in the movie. Electronic stuff with no words and an orchestrated musical score should about do it right. Altho there are already songs in it from Bumblebee playin them, but, i think they span time instead of reflect a certain year or two.

the original song "transformers, more than meets the eye" and some orchestral too

The notes and keys of the original song MUST be woven into the intro theme of this movie. In a subdued and subtle way... but definately recognizable.

I doubt that will happen. Just like I kept waiting for the original Hulk piano notes to be in The Hulk and I left not feeling anything and not giving a s* about that movie.

Soundwave_toy.jpg

Okay, one thing that really, REALLY got on my nerves when I was watching the old Transformers cartoon movie the other day was how either 80's hairband rock or dull, synthesized score played under every scene. I hope to God that this new film will have some better music. What are some kickass songs that YOU would like to see during an Optimus Prime/Megatron slugfest? Here are some songs that I think could be really cool... they really don't have any lyrical relevance to the subject matter... they're just kickass tunes that either sound futuristic or are just really rokken.

"Down" by Stone Temple Pilots

"Where's Gerrold?" by Orgy

"How Can I Hold On?" by Stabbing Westward

"The Becoming" by Nine Inch Nails

"The Everlasting Gaze" by The Smashing Pumpkins

More?
G to the A to the Y.

The notes and keys of the original song MUST be woven into the intro theme of this movie. In a subdued and subtle way... but definately recognizable.

Like in that fan-made teaser... yeah, that was cool. Subtle enough to be recognizable by the people who should recognize it.

I doubt that will happen. Just like I kept waiting for the original Hulk piano notes to be in The Hulk and I left not feeling anything and not giving a s* about that movie.

Dude, the Hulk series was not the inspiration for the Hulk movie. The Hulk's been around since the early 60s'. Get over it.

Like in that fan-made teaser... yeah, that was cool. Subtle enough to be recognizable by the people who should recognize it.

Dude, the Hulk series was not the inspiration for the Hulk movie. The Hulk's been around since the early 60s'. Get over it.

Get over it? I got over it as soon as I left the theater.

Since the 60's huh? Ok... but, from what I hear The Hulk took its inspiration from pretty much nowhere.... except maybe BeautyBeast/King Kong. It may have helped to look to the outstanding series for maybe just a little inspiration.

Get over it? I got over it as soon as I left the theater.

So... the lack of a piece of music from a 80s' series single-handedly ruined the movie for you.

Riiiiiight.

Since the 60's huh?

Yes. You do know there has been a Marvel book called "The Hulk" for like ages, right?

Ok... but, from what I hear The Hulk took its inspiration from pretty much nowhere.... except maybe BeautyBeast/King Kong.

The main inspiration for Stan Lee when creating his comic book was the bomb-paranoia of the time, added to a psychological dichotomy reminiscent of R.L. Stevenson's Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.

The main inspiration for Ang Lee’s movie was the aforementioned comic book.

Beauty and the Beast? King Kong? Not so much. The movie is about repressed anger and father-issues. The only similarity with the works you mention is the fact that it features a monster in love with a girl. But that has nothing to do with the main themes.

It may have helped to look to the outstanding series for maybe just a little inspiration.

I would hardly call the use of a piece of music "inspiration". I would call it a direct reference. A homage. A nod. It wouldn't make the film objectively better in any way.

SO Hulk was a good movie? I thought it was utter crap. I didn't think I was the only one that thought that. :huh:

In any case you missed my point. I, personally, didn't like Hulk on any level... not even CGI. A little inspiration (yes, the music, the desperate vibe... along with the anger stuff and father issues in the movie) would have made the movie somewhat likeable (to me).

SO Hulk was a good movie? I thought it was utter crap. I didn't think I was the only one that thought that. :huh:

I kind of like it. It isn't a particularly "good" movie, but it wasn't "utter crap" also. It had a lot of problems, i.e. the third act fell very short of its monumental build-up, making the story end up kinda hollow etc, but it was a very brave and unique movie.

The first two thirds are smartly done, with a lot of visual illustrations of the story's pychological undertones, especially in the climax, with the release of the overall gloomy mood (Hulk jumping about in sunny, open spaces, which contrast with the claustophobic scenarios the movie had so far) standing for freedom, the liberation of the inner rage, etc (that's just an example).

In any case you missed my point. I, personally, didn't like Hulk on any level... not even CGI. A little inspiration (yes, the music, the desperate vibe... along with the anger stuff and father issues in the movie) would have made the movie somewhat likeable (to me).

Yeah, that's a very personal point of view.

Ok bud, let's not stretch this further because these aren't the Hulk boards, and I'm growing kinda tired of disagreeing with you in every possible subject. If I ever go to Manhattan we can grab a beer or something.

Man, I always thought that all of the 80's rock was part of the fun of the Transformers movie.:trans:

Wow...

Well, some modern music is not only unavoidable, but the movie is going to be dated to a degree anyway, since it takes place in present day urban areas... with year-model cars and present fashions and tech... in ten years it will be dated to degree...

Having a score made up of modern hits would obviously be unwise, since that FURTHER dates the movie, however using modern rock/hip-hop/pop in scenes, especially for comedic effect is not only okay, but almost called for in a movie striving for such lofty coolness.

"Sexy back" by Justin Timberlake

I hope to God that this new film will have some better music.

"Down" by Stone Temple Pilots

"Where's Gerrold?" by Orgy

"How Can I Hold On?" by Stabbing Westward

"The Becoming" by Nine Inch Nails

"The Everlasting Gaze" by The Smashing Pumpkins
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!1!1

Heh, I'd actually already replied to this thread earlier on...

Ah well, it's so funny, I guess another reply wouldn't hurt.

dare to be stupid was my favorite song in the original, they should put white and nerdy in the new one LOL

i was just going to say that, but as a joke. you were joking, right?

"Weird Al" is one of my favorites, but his song seems so out of place in the original movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"