3) Gwen Stacy
4) Mary Jane Watson
5) Glory Grant
6) Felicia Hardy
7) Deb Whitman
8) Cissy Ironwood
9) Jean DeWolff
10) Joy Mercado

(yeah, i know a few here never made it past the actual "friend" stage, but they still had potential, so work with me)...

Best Gadget -

1) Webshooters
2) Spider Signal
3) Spider Tracer
4) Spider Mobile
5) Spider Armor (WOS #100)
6) Impact webbing
7) Stingers

Pals -

1) Harry Osborn
2) Flash Thompson
3) Hobie Brown (Prowler)
4) Randy Robertson
5) Johnny Storm
6) Matt Murdock
7) Phillip Chang
8) Ben Reilly
9) Curt Conners
10) Tony Stark

CaptainStacy said:
Best Gadget -

1) Webshooters
2) Spider Signal
3) Spider Tracer
4) Spider Mobile
5) Spider Armor (WOS #100)
6) Impact webbing
7) Stingers

Have there been any instances where Spidey makes Web Fists (enveloping one or both hands in webbing for extra oomph)? I've only seen it in video games and I'm not well-versed enough in the comic history to say 100% yay or nay on that.

Wow nice suggestions Captain Stacy! :)

Mister J said:
Have there been any instances where Spidey makes Web Fists (enveloping one or both hands in webbing for extra oomph)? I've only seen it in video games and I'm not well-versed enough in the comic history to say 100% yay or nay on that.
Actually, I just read an issue yesterday where he did that, #311 with Mysterio.

Maybe it will be easier to nominate stuff for the elimination rounds if you list the ones already done. In the Batman one I nominated something that I was unaware of being done already. And the latest Spider-Man one is Round 20 I believe...so kind of hard to nominate something.

trustyside-kick said:
Maybe it will be easier to nominate stuff for the elimination rounds if you list the ones already done. In the Batman one I nominated something that I was unaware of being done already. And the latest Spider-Man one is Round 20 I believe...so kind of hard to nominate something.
The previous rounds for the Spidey games are listed in the first post of this thread. It's updated as of the start of Round 20. I don't think QB has selected the theme for Round 21 yet, so feel free to suggest something.

Thanks, I cannot believe I missed that. I guess the only thing I can think of that is not already in the first 20 rounds are the symbiotes? But that would be an incredibly short round...

But maybe the best of the Sinister Six? It is really hard when so many have already been chosen lol. I mean we are doing C Listed Supporting Actors at the moment for Christ sake.

Is Story Arcs like saying Graphic Novels? I noticed one of the rounds already done was Story Arcs and I am just wondering if that is the same thing. If not then I guess best Graphic Novel.

Maybe we could also do best Spider-Man artist? Like choose the top 15 and go from there.

Artists is a good suggestion.
Symbiotes would likely come down to Venom and Carnage in no time, but it could be done.
Best member of any incarnation of the Sinister Six could be fun.
Story Arc and Graphic Novel are pretty much the same deal, but we could go with other choices than the ones that were used for that round.

trustyside-kick said:
Thanks, I cannot believe I missed that. I guess the only thing I can think of that is not already in the first 20 rounds are the symbiotes? But that would be an incredibly short round...

But maybe the best of the Sinister Six? It is really hard when so many have already been chosen lol. I mean we are doing C Listed Supporting Actors at the moment for Christ sake.

Is Story Arcs like saying Graphic Novels? I noticed one of the rounds already done was Story Arcs and I am just wondering if that is the same thing. If not then I guess best Graphic Novel.

Maybe we could also do best Spider-Man artist? Like choose the top 15 and go from there.

I don't have a problem with any of your ideas and suggestions, but the problem with doing ANYTHINg concerning a game like this in the Spidey mythos is that you have to avoid the "big" things.. like Gwen & Doc Ock & Venom & the Green Goblin & Aunt May and Stan Lee... because ultimately, the results will always gravitate towards them.

I like the idea of Spidey artists, but you'd have to avoid adding Romita Sr. & Ditko because it would just be a battle between those two. it's also why Stan Lee wasn't on the writers game we played.

I like the idea of the C-list characters, because there are no clear cut favorites, so people actually vote for who they like, rather than who was so famous that "have" to like them.

Just my two cents.. :)

Mister J said:
Artists is a good suggestion.
Symbiotes would likely come down to Venom and Carnage in no time, but it could be done.
Best member of any incarnation of the Sinister Six could be fun.
Story Arc and Graphic Novel are pretty much the same deal, but we could go with other choices than the ones that were used for that round.

Wasn't there a bunch of symbiotes created in the Lethal Protector mini-series?

We could do a symbiote round WITHOUT Venom & Carnage... that would either be really cool, or extremely boring.

:(

Thanks, heh. It amazes me how many different rounds you have come up with. The Batman and Superman ones are not nearly as many as these. And I think X-men is way way behind...but then again a different kind of system. They got like parts to the rounds? Something odd like that.

These are all the symbiotes I could come up with outside of Venom and Carnage. If the decision is made to avoid the distinctively 'popular' choices, then maybe Gargan (Scorpion) should be left out too.

Phage
Riot
Lasher
Shriek
Scream
Toxin
She-Venom I (Ann Weying)
She-Venom II/Venom Clone Host (Patricia Robertson)
Venom II (Angelo Fortunato)
Venom III (Mac Gargan)

Mister J said:
These are all the symbiotes I could come up with outside of Venom and Carnage. If the decision is made to avoid the distinctively 'popular' choices, then maybe Gargan (Scorpion) should be left out too.

Phage
Riot
Lasher
Shriek
Scream
Toxin
She-Venom I (Ann Weying)
Venom III (Mac Gargan)

I thought She-Venom II was sexy as HELL.

That entire arc had very strong sexual overtones, imo.

(And damn creepy artwork)

Okay Round 21 has been over for some time...Round 22 maybe? :)

Themanofbat said:
Here would be the list to use, and you can't include Romita Sr nor Ditko, because it would just be a battle of those two.

1. Keith Pollard
2. Ron Frenz
3. Todd MacFarlane
4. Eric Larsen
5. Marc Bagley
6. John Romita Jr.
7. Ross Andru
8. John Byrne
9. Mike Deodato
10. Mark Texiera

:confused:

Let's have a Best Artist Elimination Round next...

Feel free to modify.

:)

This is getting really vague but -

characters from Maximum Carnage?

Is that too specific?

Mister J said:

Phage
Riot
Lasher
Shriek
Scream
Toxin
She-Venom I (Ann Weying)
Venom III (Mac Gargan)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but like.. didn't the first five in that list like combine to make a symbiote named "Hybrid" or something stupid like that?

Rabid_Rust said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but like.. didn't the first five in that list like combine to make a symbiote named "Hybrid" or something stupid like that?
I'm too lazy to recall specifics as to who, but yeah, a number of them got together to form Hybrid...like forming Devastator, only not as cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"