Star Trek action figures

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
A thread to discuss all Star Trek action figures.

Did anyone ever have the Art Asylum (and later Diamond Select) Star Trek TOS figures?

These aren't ones with cloth clothing or a retro Mego look, but ones which are entirely sculpted and have good likenesses of the actors.

I had all of the bridge crew as well as the Gorn, Khan and a Klingon.

Not sure if they ever brought out Nurse Chapel or Janice Rand though. Was there ever a bridge set with that as well?

Edit: looks like there was Chapel and Rand:

001_big_1238417892.jpg

They don't look as good as the Art Asylum versions though. And what's with that drawn on forearm hair on McCoy?

Last edited:
I have almost a complete set of TNG figures from Playmates still in package. Some of the packages are a little rough, but the figures are mint. I don't have the rare ones like Picard Tapestry. :csad:

The Playmate ones were probably the best overall series, as the small size and limited sculpting allowed for a very wide range of characters to be produced, almost rivalling Star Wars in terms of breadth of coverage.

^ That looks really cool. Is it a recent thing or a few years old? They should've had April O'Neil as someone like Uhura and Splinter as a character too.

Those were early to mid 90's if I remember correctly.

^ That looks really cool. Is it a recent thing or a few years old? They should've had April O'Neil as someone like Uhura and Splinter as a character too.

Splinter would be a full-body wheelchair as Captain Pike.

the only Trek figure I have is a Playmates Q from the TNG line mint on card autographed by John DeLancie who was a very cool dude and was fun to listen to before he did his autograph session.

I wish this thread was about the Merchandise in general, not just action figures :D

What's stopping you from starting a separate merchandise thread? Action figures is a specific part of merchandising. One merchandising thread would be like having a single thread for everything about Star Trek, when there are so many different series/ films etc.

I wish this thread was about the Merchandise in general, not just action figures :D

Feel free to discuss your custom-tailored Orion Dancing Girl costume here; we all know you've been wanting to for years! :woot:

only figures I have are the DST Wrath of Khan ones and The motion Picture Spock/Kirk 2-pack.

I have a bunch of the DST ships,too : TOS Enterprise, Self Destructing 1701 Refit, 1701-A, 1701-B, 1701-E, and the Playmates 2009 Trek Enterprise.

I remember I also had the Orion Slave Girl Vina as part of the Art Asylum ST: TOS line. Have a couple of mirror universe Kirk and Spock too but never opened them. Vina had really trouble standing on her own. Her legs were so close together that she didn't balance very well. If she had a wider stance or she were more articulated it would help with the stability. Even just as wide as Nurse Chapel or Janice Rand above would've been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"