General Trek Talk Star Trek New Voyages!

FanboyX_Returns

Civilian
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here had seen this Web based tv show?
I Just checked out the two episodes that have been released on their website Star Trek: New Voyages and to be honest I thought that they we're pretty good.

They got the whole style, and look of the original series down, and while the acting lacks a bit, and that's mostly do to it being a fan made show with a real low budget it still does capture the feel of the old series.

Gene Roddenberry's son Eugene Roddenberry, Jr. is the Consulting Producer on the show, and its good to see him taking part in the universe his dad created tho I would hope to see him involved more with some real Star Trek properties this is cool... Kind of keeps the legacy alive... :woot:

Anyway what do you guys think on this show?

How interesting. Just when I thought "trekking" was dead.
Might want to edit your link.

Is that the one where they have re-cast everyone? I think it would've been better to have entirely new characters, but I have not seen a full episode, so it's a little unfair to pass judgement.

How interesting. Just when I thought "trekking" was dead.
Might want to edit your link.

Good looking out on the whole link thing... Trekkies never die! lol

heh im not really a trekkie im more of a Star Wars nerd myself... :woot:

But I've always had liked the original series... Liked the movies up to Generations, and only liked First Contact from the new cast.
Voyager never really caught my eye, and I was to into my girlfriend at the time to care about the drama in Deep Space Nine each week heh...

But this show is a neat idea it continues the voyages left off when the original show got taken off the air.
Remember they were set out on a 5 year mission? They only did 3 seasons.
So these guys with the leadership of Gene's own son, and some of his $$$ for the budget, and his access to the old shows props, and stuff they have launched a nice little tribute to the OG show.
The show picks up the following season so these episodes would be in season 4.
The show's only put out 2 episodes in the last year so production is slow... heh it is fan made after all.... The cast does a nice job but sometimes you can really tell they aren't real actors, and just fanboy's living out a wet dream.

But man the show does get so many things right, and they have had some nice cameos to! In the 2nd episode they had Chekov himself Walter Koenig playing the role he helped make famous almost 5 decades ago!
The episode is actually very well done, and Walter was great.
They are also doing an episode with George Takei aka Sulu.

Anyway guys check out the show download the episodes they are free, and tell me what you think heh...

Is that the one where they have re-cast everyone? I think it would've been better to have entirely new characters, but I have not seen a full episode, so it's a little unfair to pass judgement.

heh Just read my top post for details on the show, but yea don't pass judgment until you seen it.
Remember it's Gene's son who's helping this thing get made, and he's backing the show as a tribute to his dad.

It's all in good fun, and some of the characters were cast very well... I actually think this show is what gave the Paramount people the idea for the next movie to be a Prequel to the entire movie saga, and set it back in Kirk & Spock's early days.

The shows got pretty popular in the fan film world so they saw that there was a lot of interest left in those characters, and so now the next movie be a prequel.

Maybe a good move? Maybe not.. JJ has a decent track record so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

00003660.jpg

Download

Just thought you might like that poster of the episode heh..... :woot:

lol, apart from some funny acting, I like it... it makes me feel like I'm watching the original show again, and I like that nostalgia. :up:

heh like I said some of the acting lacks a bit mostly due to the fact that these aren't real hollywood actors there all just fanboys living out a wet dream heh...

But they for the most part do act an awful lot like the cast even Kirk who doesn't look like Shatner's kirk has his expressions, and speech pattern down pretty good.

The only character I hate is Spock heh nobody will ever replace Leonard Nimoy but the guy doesn't even look or sound like him.

But anyway that's just grasping at straws afterall it's a web based TV show... heh

any news on when episode 3 will be finished and on the web?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

yes he is... we're all looking forward to it :D

why do you consider it embarrassing?

Does it get any nerdier than Trekkies? SUUUUURVEY SAYS! NO!

well, some would say that the Star Wars fans take it a bit further...

Does it get any nerdier than Trekkies? SUUUUURVEY SAYS! NO!
:o So you say! But I like it and I don't give a damn what some image conscience people care to say! People who like Trek are no more nerdy than anyone on these boards! Especially someone with over 29,000 posts! That is alot of used up free time!:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"