Stephen King Returning to TV with Haven

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=59572

Source:Variety
September 28, 2009

Stephen King has signed on to turn his novella "The Colorado Kid" into an hourlong series for indie studio E1 Entertainment, reports Variety.

Titled "Haven," the project centers on a spooky town in Maine where cursed folk live normal lives in exile. When those curses start returning, FBI agent Audrey Parker is brought in to keep those supernatural forces at bay -- while trying to unravel the mysteries of Haven.

The team who turned King's "The Dead Zone" into a series for USA Network are at it again for "Haven": Scott Shepherd will serve as showrunner and executive produce with Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller. Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn are writing the pilot and will also serve as executive producers. E1's John Morayniss and Noreen Halpern are executive producers as well.

E1 has already committed to producing 13 episodes of "Haven."

Descriptions of Haven episode

Posted: June 28, 2010, 14:23:41 | Section: TV » Haven

Here's descriptions of the first four episodes of Haven:

Episode 1.01 - Welcome to Haven
When FBI Agent Audrey Parker is called to Haven, Maine on a routine case, she finds her assignment has been killed in unexplainable fashion. When strange weather phenomena begin to strike the town – and Audrey – she begins to suspect that not everything is as it seems in Haven. As the weather events grow more destructive, Audrey discovers that someone in town might be more connected to the incidents than she could possibly imagine.

Episode 1.02 - Consumed
Audrey remains in Haven to follow up on a clue to her own orphan past – an old photo from the local newspaper, of the infamous “Colorado Kid” crime scene, reveals a woman who could be her mother. But Audrey stumbles upon another mysterious event in town, when food, fields, and even livestock around Haven all begin to die, and she joins with Nathan to investigate what the source of the epidemic could be – and what’s really happening in this extraordinary place.

Episode 1.03 - Butterfly
While Audrey tries to settle in as a Haven local and as a new police officer in town, she and Nathan investigate the seemingly random destruction of a local bar. When other strange events begin to occur – even targeting Audrey herself – they must race to figure what the connection could be, and what or who might be making them happen.

Episode 1.04 - Ball and Chain
Audrey and Nathan investigate an upheaval at the local psychiatric hospital – where something happened to make the patients normal for a time, but sent their doctor into madness. As they track down the escaped patients, Audrey and Nathan discover that whatever caused the temporary reversal has begun to spill across all of Haven – making normal townspeople go dangerously insane.

I keep hearing about this and am extremely intrigued, is the book any good?

I keep hearing about this and am extremely intrigued, is the book any good?

Haven't read it, but it's a very short novel, less than 200 pages, and obviously they've added a lot of stuff for the tv-series. The novel is more a mystery novel without any supernatural elements.

Just saw the premiere/pilot. Intriguing show, but more like "Warehouse 13" localized in Maine to me, so far. I'll keep watching just to see what it does to differentiate itself.

I liked the pilot episode. It had lots of good elements to it and I'm looking forward to learning more.

I don't see any similarities to Warehouse 13.

Warehouse 13 is:
Goofy (light storytelling, comedic situations)
Two agents looking for dangerous artifacts
Has steampunk style gadgets
Not about a mystery

Haven:
Drama
Supernatural elements
Has a mystery
Is based in our reality meaning no fantastic gadgets

I liked it. Seems like itll get interesting. Ill keep checking it out every week

It's alright...there is A LOT of room for improvement though. The acting wasn't so good and I felt the show couldn't decided if it wanted to be light hearted or dark. It was trying too hard to be quirky.

Hi,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haven_(TV_series)

Anyone following this show ? I never read Colorado Kid novel but I read some Stephen King books ( Le Fleau, It, The Tommyknockers to name a few), it is rather good in my opinion and the character are quite Kingesque ( the town reporters are the best example ).

Edit : sorry for this new thread, I did a search but found no thread with the word Haven.....

Last edited:
So, Is anyone watching this?:huh:

I like it, It's good, Not Stephen King good but good in it's own way.

What do you all think of it so far?:yay:

Hi,

I like the show, the atmosphere, the odd people and the humor.

It took me a while to warm up to Emily Rose, but I like her now. The series is very consistent in setup and never really grabs you but it's entertaining.

So has it been picked up for a second season ?

The last few episodes leading up to the finale were pretty solid along with the finale itself of course.

Spoilers from last night:

My theory on the tattoo is that it gets passed on to certain Haven residents. Not sure what their role is though in that crazy little town.

So what is Lucy ? Ageless, immortal troubled with a bad case of amnesia ? She's got a lot of explaining to do to the real or supposedly real Audrey Parker.

The show is back ! The 2nd season premiere was fine with the usual weird stuff and it going on with two agents Parker, at the end of the episode I was wondering if
there is not some sort of parallel universe or town with the different version of Parker and her boss.

I guess they will have to do something like call their bosses at the same time realizing that they have a boss with the same name but they are different people. Although where did Audrey / Lucy's boss go ? Unless he got held up & he shows up in the next episode after Boss #2 leaves

The show is back ! The 2nd season premiere was fine with the usual weird stuff and it going on with two agents Parker, at the end of the episode I was wondering if
there is not some sort of parallel universe or town with the different version of Parker and her boss.

Interesting theory.

Id have to watch the ep again, but were there two agent Howards in the final scene?

Id have to watch the ep again, but were there two agent Howards in the final scene?

Nope.

Just the Agent Howard and few other agents that brunette Audrey Parker called in. The black Agent Howard did say he was on his way.

Last edited:
subscribe, Audrey past gets more and more tangled in a web of mystery

I'm late to the party guys, but does this actually have anything to do with The Colorado Kid? It seems...quite a bit different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"