Steve Gainer (PWZ Directori of Photography) Interview

In this film there are three main characters, very different from each other, and each one with its personal history. Jigsaw, Frank Castle/The Punisher and Looney Bin Jim. I think that it was important for you to use different lights for each of these characters, so to portray them properly. Can you describe us the differences?

The biggest concern was to make the Jigsaw makeup look real. Obviously, when you have appliances on someone's face, you can't treat them the same as a normal human. The makeup was very well done, which made my job a lot easier.

He did a brilliant job, because Jigsaw looks amazing. :up: Great interview.

That's a pretty encouraging interview. I really like the idea of this bizarre pseudo-world with all the coloured lights and sceneries. I think it's going to make for a very visually stimulating film...but no sure that the script (from what I've heard of it) is good enough to do it justice.

you should have asked why bother with all of those painful to watch colors and not just stick to standard.. they are making movies like hulk, iron man and others look realistic and you make the punisher more colorful than speed racer?...

Some thoughts...

I love [Lexi's] enthusiasm and professionalism.

Yes indeed. "F*** the haters! I'm a hooligan, wut!" I guess he means on set.

My lighting is an attempt to create a purely organic representation of the Punisher comics of the Max series.

That's cool to hear. I wouldn't quite compare the colour in this movie to that of Speed Racer. I think it'll still come off very dark and gritty.

I also like the part where he talks about the cast. I mean, no crew guy is going to talk down his actors, but he still made it seem like they were a great team to work with. I hope it plays out well on screen!

Thanks for the interview! It was a nice read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"