Steve McClaren announced as England manager

kit1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well its official McClaren is Sven's successor starting on August the 1st, his first match in charge will be against Greece at Old Trafford.
Well whats everyones feelings on this? For me if we were going to have an English gaffer it had to be McClaren, he's been a great coach and has learnt from Jim Smith and Sir Alex. He's not afraid to make changes if things aren't going his way (as proven in Boros Uefa cup run), he's already Svens's number 2 so he knows the team well enough.

I for one am very pleased, what are your thoughts??

black_dust said:
He was a last resort.

Obviously they wanted Scolari but past him I think McClaren is the best man for it

kit1982 said:
Well its official McClaren is Sven's successor starting on August the 1st, his first match in charge will be against Greece at Old Trafford.
Well whats everyones feelings on this? For me if we were going to have an English gaffer it had to be McClaren, he's been a great coach and has learnt from Jim Smith and Sir Alex. He's not afraid to make changes if things aren't going his way (as proven in Boros Uefa cup run), he's already Svens's number 2 so he knows the team well enough.

I for one am very pleased, what are your thoughts??

I for one am vey scared Kit and the Man City/ Arsenal game is crap at the moment!

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
I for one am vey scared Kit and the Man City/ Arsenal game is crap at the moment!

- Whirly

Hey it could be worse, it could be David Tuttle managing us!

Whirlysplat said:
:doom: fair point

- Whirly

Low blow I know, but still you'll probably get promotion next season!
I'm off to watch Super Leeds against the mighty Preston North End tomorrow not looking forward to it :down

I can't believe Sunderland have scored 2 goals let alone winning at home :eek:

Steve who? England manager for what? What the F is this thread about?

Demon Within said:
Steve who? England manager for what? What the F is this thread about?

Read the title, read the responses it easy to figure it out. If your english or you like your football (soccer) you'll know all about it

kit1982 said:
Read the title, read the responses it easy to figure it out. If your english or you like your football (soccer) you'll know all about it

True enough my friend. The Arsenal/ Man City game got more interesting. Damn! Henry is good.

- Whirly

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"