Steve Rannazzisi, from "The League", Lied About Being in 1 of the Twin Towers on 9/11

Ya, the guy did something stupid and inane. but seriously, people need to stop being so sensitive. Reminds me of all the 'trigger' ******** going on in colleges these days. Just think of him as a little exploitative and insensitive and move on. Not to mention this is old as ****.
How is this being overly sensitive? He tried to use a world tragedy to further his career.

Well, you're wrong. It's pretty simple, even 5 years can have a vast effect on one's maturity. So I'm 31 now and by the time I'm 35 I will not only be more mature but I will also have a completely different worldview and perspective on life and why I do things.
You do realize he kept lying right? He didn't stop after "maturing"?

I honestly would only care if I knew the guy personally. He did a dick move, but i ain't going to rage about it. lol

He pulled a dick move and is going to pay for it professionally and personally likely. If you disapprove don't support him by seeing things he's in.

Moving on...

You do realize he kept lying right? He didn't stop after "maturing"?

I never said he did, I simply refuted the claim another poster made that age has nothing to do with what he did. He is obviously very immature and insecure to tell this lie and the perpetuate it until he was finally caught. Sometimes we get called on out BS and have to mature the hard way through being humbled and embarrassed. I know I have learned the hard way on more than several occasions.

What a POS. I hope he gets blacklisted from Hollywood.

Well, you're wrong. It's pretty simple, even 5 years can have a vast effect on one's maturity. So I'm 31 now and by the time I'm 35 I will not only be more mature but I will also have a completely different worldview and perspective on life and why I do things.

Didn't say anything about people becoming more mature or not as they grow. But, it should be pretty obvious that saying such a lie is really ****ed up no matter how old a person is. So, "being young" is a lame justification for him and didn't need to said.

Didn't say anything about people becoming more mature or not as they grow. But, it should be pretty obvious that saying such a lie is really ****ed up no matter how old a person is. So, "being young" is a lame justification for him and didn't need to said.

What you feel is "pretty obvious" is by no mean the way the rest of the world thinks and you need to get that through your head. I'm really glad you've lived your whole life as a person that never told a lie to try and fit in anywhere or make yourself seem more important to a group of people. It must be a fantastic feeling knowing you can look down on everyone like that. Myself, I always thought I needed to one up people so they would accept me because I thought I needed everyone's validation. It wasn't until a little over a year ago that I started actually progressing into a mature adult and realized I didn't need the validation of others. This is something I basically realized in my 30's. I can understand why he told this egregious and f***ed up lie. I def don't approve of it in any way nor do I think he should get a pass about being shamed from finally admitting the truth. But I do understand what would drive a person to say some jacked up lie like that. I am, however, glad that your parents did a great job in raising you so that lieing was not one of your character defects. A lot of us weren't so lucky

I never said he did, I simply refuted the claim another poster made that age has nothing to do with what he did. He is obviously very immature and insecure to tell this lie and the perpetuate it until he was finally caught. Sometimes we get called on out BS and have to mature the hard way through being humbled and embarrassed. I know I have learned the hard way on more than several occasions.
This isn't maturing. This is getting caught.

What you feel is "pretty obvious" is by no mean the way the rest of the world thinks and you need to get that through your head. I'm really glad you've lived your whole life as a person that never told a lie to try and fit in anywhere or make yourself seem more important to a group of people. It must be a fantastic feeling knowing you can look down on everyone like that. Myself, I always thought I needed to one up people so they would accept me because I thought I needed everyone's validation. It wasn't until a little over a year ago that I started actually progressing into a mature adult and realized I didn't need the validation of others. This is something I basically realized in my 30's. I can understand why he told this egregious and f***ed up lie. I def don't approve of it in any way nor do I think he should get a pass about being shamed from finally admitting the truth. But I do understand what would drive a person to say some jacked up lie like that. I am, however, glad that your parents did a great job in raising you so that lieing was not one of your character defects. A lot of us weren't so lucky
I like how not lying is being made to be an obnoxious thing here. There are obvious, clear things you don't lie about. We aren't talking about a 10 year old here. We are talking about a 20 something year old.

You're making a lot of assumptions about my life that I've never claimed to make. Did I say I've never lied? Nope. When I do lie, I know it's wrong and I have my reasons for doing so just like anyone else. But, I'm not going to say that my age is the reason was to why I did so because it really is a ******** answer. I lied because I didn't want people to know the truth, I was embarrassed, I wanted to make a good impression, I didn't feel it was anyone's business, etc. Just like any other person would.

If someone is saying they were at or somehow directly affected by an event in which many people were harmed or lost their lives, "being young" (especially when they're already an adult) is not something I'm going to buy as the reason or part of it. Simple as that. I really don't see how you're having an issue with my having an issue with his excuse for what he did.

So, please stop making assumptions of my life or how I view people when I never said anything as such. I gave you my clear thoughts on the matter.

I like how not lying is being made to be an obnoxious thing here. There are obvious, clear things you don't lie about. We aren't talking about a 10 year old here. We are talking about a 20 something year old.

There are obvious things YOU don't lie about. You are making the assumption that everyone has the same standards as you. Not sure how you got that I somehow feel honesty is obnoxious, honesty is a principle that I try to live by these days and value in others. But as a person who used to lie about numerous things big and small I understand why someone would lie about something so heinous. 20 something or 30 something doesn't matter how old the actual age is, what matters is what level the person is at emotionally and mentally. He may have been 20 something when he said it, but he had the mentality of a petulant teen trying to make himself look cool

You're making a lot of assumptions about my life that I've never claimed to make. Did I say I've never lied? Nope. When I do lie, I know it's wrong and I have my reasons for doing so just like anyone else. But, I'm not going to say that my age is the reason was to why I did so because it really is a ******** answer. I lied because I didn't want people to know the truth, I was embarrassed, I wanted to make a good impression, I didn't feel it was anyone's business, etc. Just like any other person would.

If someone is saying they were at or somehow directly affected by an event in which many people were harmed or lost their lives, "being young" (especially when they're already an adult) is not something I'm going to buy as the reason or part of it. Simple as that. I really don't see how you're having an issue with my having an issue with his excuse for what he did.

So, please stop making assumptions of my life or how I view people when I never said anything as such. I gave you my clear thoughts on the matter.

See above first, and again just because somebody may be in there 20's does not mean they are at the same maturity level mentally. Not sure why either of you can't seem to grasp this concept. I have told some f***ed up lies in my time and I've told small stupid ones that don't even make sense as to why I told them. Comedians are notorious for craving the attention of others, he told the lie because he thought he could get away with it and he also thought it would make him stand out among those around him. Yes, it's totally a messed up thing to do. Nobody is arguing otherwise. But just because it is clear to both of you that is not something one should lie about doesn't mean that others don't try and take advantage of situations so they can look better. For all we know he said it and years later completely regretted it but felt he had to continue the lie to save face. I've done that many times in my life as well. So both of you need to get off your high horses and accept that not everyone lives life by the same standards as you

See above first, and again just because somebody may be in there 20's does not mean they are at the same maturity level mentally. Not sure why either of you can't seem to grasp this concept. I have told some f***ed up lies in my time and I've told small stupid ones that don't even make sense as to why I told them. Comedians are notorious for craving the attention of others, he told the lie because he thought he could get away with it and he also thought it would make him stand out among those around him. Yes, it's totally a messed up thing to do. Nobody is arguing otherwise. But just because it is clear to both of you that is not something one should lie about doesn't mean that others don't try and take advantage of situations so they can look better. For all we know he said it and years later completely regretted it but felt he had to continue the lie to save face. I've done that many times in my life as well. So both of you need to get off your high horses and accept that not everyone lives life by the same standards as you

You've clearly missed the points I've made since you bring up stuff that aren't even part of what I'm talking about. So, I'm just going to end this part of the discussion with you.

You've clearly missed the points I've made since you bring up stuff that aren't even part of what I'm talking about. So, I'm just going to end this part of the discussion with you.

your argument is that age is not an excuse. It is wrong because not only is it an excuse his mental age is even more relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"