Steven Soderbergh’s ‘No Sudden Move’ | HBO Max

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
‘No Sudden Move’: Steven Soderbergh Sets All-Star Cast For HBO Max Crime Thriller – Deadline

Steven Soderbergh has commenced production on his latest film No Sudden Move (f.k.a Kill Switch), a crime thriller that is being produced under his recently formed overall deal with HBO Max. The starry cast ensemble includes Don Cheadle (Black Monday), Benicio Del Toro (Sicario), David Harbour (Stranger Things), Amy Seimetz (The Comey Rule), Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Ray Liotta(The Many Saints of Newark), Kieran Culkin (Succession), Brendan Fraser (Doom Patrol), Noah Jupe (Honey Boy), Bill Duke (Black Lightning), Frankie Shaw (SMILF), and Julia Fox (Uncut Gems).

Written by Ed Solomon, the film is set in 1955 Detroit and centers on a group of small-time criminals who are hired to steal what they think is a simple document. When their plan goes horribly wrong, their search for who hired them – and for what ultimate purpose – weaves them through all echelons of the race-torn, rapidly changing city.

Casey Silver is producing the HBO Max and Warner Bros. Pictures film, which is shooting on-location under strict Covid-19 safety protocols in Detroit.

“The last time I shot a movie in Detroit with a great script and a great cast things worked out really well, so I’m very excited behind my mask right now,” said Soderbergh.

Wow, this cast is incredible, Soderbergh, and the time period! :wow::mrk:

Last edited:
Good god at that cast. Traffic is easily my favorite Soderbergh film and I could not be happier about seeing him return to the crime genre. Noah Jupe and Brendan Frasier are especially inspired bits of casting and anyone doubting there level of talent should really check out stuff like Honey Boy, Doom Patrol and Trust which was a really underrated show on FX. Those two are insanely talented.

Wow as soon as I saw Benecio Del Toro in the cast I immediately started thinking how awesome it would have been if they also got Josh Brolin in this. Those two work so well together and there chemistry was easily the best thing about Sicario: Day of the Soldado IMO.

It's an impressive cast:
Benicio Del Toro, Ray Liotta, Don Cheadle, Brendan Fraser, David Harbour, Noah Jupe and Kieran Culkin (the best Culkin bro)

Matt Damon Reteams With Steven Soderbergh For ‘No Sudden Move’ At HBO Max – Deadline

We hear that Matt Damon will be making an unbilled cameo in Steven Soderbergh’s latest HBO Max crime thriller No Sudden Move.

This reps the ninth time that the Oscar winning Damon has worked with the Oscar winning filmmaker following the Ocean‘s trilogy, Contagion, The Informant, Behind the Candelabra, Unsane and Che Part 2. While Damon is traditionally starring in Soderbergh’s features, it’s not uncommon for him to take on smaller roles which was the case in Unsane and Che Part 2. I hear Damon will be shooting No Sudden Move for two days in Detroit, and he joins the already announced huge ensemble cast that includes Don Cheadle, Benicio Del Toro, David Harbour, Amy Seimetz, Jon Hamm, Ray Liotta, Kieran Culkin, Brendan Fraser, Noah Jupe, Bill Duke, Frankie Shaw and Julia Fox.

Now I'm more excited than before.

Can we get Brad Pitt too? Maybe not but it would have been really awesome.

If someone else is going to join the cast, someone like Michael Angarano is more likely. I can see that happen. He would suit the setting, I guess.

As awesome as that would be, that doesn’t seem likely as he is gearing up to shoot David Leitch’s Bullet Train very soon.

A few shots of the film in a TV spot for HBO Max.

The film is releasing on July 1 on HBO Max!
https://deadline.com/2021/05/no-sud...erpiece-steven-soderbergh-hbo-max-1234760013/
Steven Soderbergh’s ‘No Sudden Move’ Gets Tribeca Festival Centerpiece – Deadline

The Tribeca Festival said Thursday that Steven Soderbergh’s upcoming crime drama No Sudden Move will have its world premiere as the Centerpiece Gala at this year’s festival, which is set to run June 9-20 as it celebrates its 20th anniversary.

The outdoor premiere will take place June 18 at The Battery in New York City, with the fest saying members of the cast will make an appearance at the live event. It will come after another Warner Bros Pictures movie, In the Heights, is set to open the festival June 9.

C8A83B42-9407-4996-9869-293A8D6ABC7E.jpeg3C2EAED7-2245-4A07-9024-662EA989290A.jpeg9FABD6D8-3241-4B14-AE3B-565800B1185F.jpeg

This looks incredible. And I love how Ray Liotta just looks like he rolled up to set as-is and seamlessly fit into the 50's gangster aesthetic. That teaser has me hyped for the soundtrack now, too.

Cheadle with a lead role in a non-MCU film, you just love to see it!

Can't wait!

0a058794e0e297e1c9de4158e3ca26c3fac6c004r1-492-200_hq.gif

No man on earth could be a better visual punchline to "What is he, white?" than Brendan Fraser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"