• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stone Stuns Comedy Audience with Serial Killer Joke

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
Hollywood director Oliver Stone shocked the audience at last night's British Comedy Awards in London by joking about the recent murders of five prostitutes. The Suffolk killings, thought to be the work of a serial killer, have dominated British headlines this week and Platoon movie-maker Stone's bad-taste gag was met with horror by the celebrity audience including Sacha Baron Cohen and Charlotte Church. On presenting the Best Comedy Film prize to Wallace And Gromit creator Nick Park, the American quipped, "It's great to be back in England. I feel like Jack The Ripper (prolific 19th century serial killer) days are back. Nothing ever changes here." Realizing the gag had bombed, Stone jeered, "You're a lovely crowd."

I don't see whats all that bad about it... we've been making a lot of jokes around here just to stop us thinking about the horror side of it. Guess the londoners are a bit too close for it to be funny.

Did they say, "well, I never!"

there's one going around:

whats the difference between the Sufolk murderer and Mr Kipling?
Mr Kipling puts tarts in a box
:o

In my opinion Sacha Baron Cohen doesn't have the right to be offended by anything ever again.

BlackHardKnight said:
Hollywood director Oliver Stone shocked the audience at last night's British Comedy Awards in London by joking about the recent murders of five prostitutes. The Suffolk killings, thought to be the work of a serial killer, have dominated British headlines this week and Platoon movie-maker Stone's bad-taste gag was met with horror by the celebrity audience including Sacha Baron Cohen and Charlotte Church. On presenting the Best Comedy Film prize to Wallace And Gromit creator Nick Park, the American quipped, "It's great to be back in England. I feel like Jack The Ripper (prolific 19th century serial killer) days are back. Nothing ever changes here." Realizing the gag had bombed, Stone jeered, "You're a lovely crowd."
lol....they don;t even mention the likes of Tony Head or Wossy or Chris Tarrant....all of whom are much funnier than the two listed

EDIT:
i also laughed at the joke....am i a bad man?

Maximum_Carnage said:
In my opinion Sacha Baron Cohen doesn't have the right to be offended by anything ever again.

I doubt he was, really. The article is a bit misleading as it intimates that he and Charlotte Church were in the audience while simultaneously inferring that they were offended. But...how could the author know their thoughts? He can't...because he's an ass. And asses aren't clairvoyant. Well, most of them, anyway.

At any rate...****, Olly.

jag

^Way to integrate the word ass and Charlotte Church in the same rant.

The funniest thing about this is the idea of Oliver Stone at a comedy awards show:woot:

terry78 said:
^Way to integrate the word ass and Charlotte Church in the same rant.

It was subliminal, even to me. :o

jag

LOL! Oliver Stone, you so crazy.

EDIT: By crazy, I mean drunk, by drunk, I mean stupid, by stupid, I mean stupid drunk.

Lord Valumart said:
there's one going around:

whats the difference between the Sufolk murderer and Mr Kipling?
Mr Kipling puts tarts in a box
:o

Haha

:D

Lord Valumart said:
that was told to me by a teacher and i was the only one who laughed:csad: :woot:

I wouldnt expect that from a teacher, although some teachers are cool.

Ps) The link in your sig no longer works :(

Electrix said:
I wouldnt expect that from a teacher, although some teachers are cool.

Ps) The link in your sig no longer works :(
hey...some teachers at my work rock:)

damn....thats link was awesome:(

What a waste. Make a joke about people dying and on top of that it wasn't even funny. :down

I thought the tarts joke was funny... as I said, I'm far enough away to laugh about it.

OverMyHead said:
No offense, but your teacher should be fired.
oh come on....

it's funny. plus he's not my teacher....i work in the school...so i get told these things. but the PE teachers come up with some awful ones....the sciences ones aren't that bad...(he was from chemistry))

OverMyHead said:
No offense, but your teacher should be fired.

If people were fired for making jokes nobody would be working at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"