Comics Storm's new citizenship

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm just curious- has Storm officially adopted Wakandan citizenship upon marrying its King( I am a bit hazy about the ins and out of US -never mind Wakandan -citizenship laws but I do know that unless an American explicitly renounces his or her citizenship he or she usually retains it- as did Princess Grace of Monaco upon marrying Prince Rainier and more recently Madonna did the same upon her wedding to Guy Ritchie. Moreoever US law permits dual citizenship- pace Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger who still holds his Austrian citizenship). So legally Storm could have her cake and eat it!

Terry

I see no reason why Storm would give up her US citizenship.

I think it IS important- remember many T'Challa's subjects disapproved of her simply because she was not a native of Wakanda( the fact that she was black was presumably irrelevant; although I think a white bride would have caused an outrcry greater than he was willing to bear) not to mention being a mutant- remember the fates of Marie Antoinette and Czarina Alexandra( two ill-fated Queens whose foreign birth-Austrian and German respectively- made them markedly unpopular with their subjects). Remember, as A Queen she is expected to embark upon State visits( as our own Royals do) and she can hardly do so with a US passport( I agree that she is unlikely to renounce her American citizenship; you never know when you might need it!), so I believe she will adopt Wakandan citizenship as a sign of commitment to her husband's country and by extension its people!
The only other question is whether she will renounce her( admittedly unknown previous religious affiliations in favour of the Panther God;T'Chall can hardly be expected to marry an unbeliever)

Terry

I dont think it will be an issue

She will do as her as her husband tells her to do like she has been.:whatever: :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"