Stupid job

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
I like to vent. So here is my venting. I work in a cinema. Last week a co-worker in projection left. So they needed someone new. I decided to go for the position as I'm a photographer and worked with film cameras. I went for my interview which went well expect when my boss kept twisting my words.

Boss: Would you be good with your time keeping?

Me: Yes. I'm really passionate about cameras, so this position is something I'd be position I'd be passionate about taking up. When I'm passionate about something I put 100% into it, so my time keeping would be perfect.

Boss: Oh so your not passionate about your position right now?

Heres is another part of the convo.

Boss: Are you always in work on time?

Me: Yes, I'm always 20-30mins early.

Boss: Oh expect for that time you were two hours late?

I was two hours late once in my first week because I looked at the wrong roster.

Everything else went well. Next day I got a letter telling me I didn't get the position, someone else did because apparently they only wanted someone who were not in college. Oh I'm sorry, what was the point of giving me the ****ing interview in the first place you ****ing ******ed *****. Don't be wasting my ****ing time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't pissed off last night because I was on a date and it went well. But work is starting soon and my anger is rising.

It's just a sh1t job to get you through college. Those kinds of jobs are always managed by insipid a-holes who usually weren't smart or motivated enough to go to college, so they take their bitterness out on the college kids on their staff. Stay focused on school and the other things that matter. That place isn't a career by any means. It's just a source of a bit of income while you get through school and nothing more.

jag

Me: Yes. I'm really passionate about cameras, so this position is something I'd be position I'd be passionate about taking up. When I'm passionate about something I put 100% into it, so my time keeping would be perfect.

If you used this exact sentence I'd be pretty confused and forced to ride you in the interview too. :o

If you used this exact sentence I'd be pretty confused and forced to ride you in the interview too. :o

Saying "Oh, so you're not passionate about your current position?" was actually fairly unethical of his boss. Not a fair assumption or question to ask at all and had nothing to do with LW's response to the interview question.

jag

Burn it to the ground :)

I say quit "im not using all my potential up here!"

A lot of times with many employers, they do needless interviews for the sake of giving interviews. Usually they already have someone else in mind or it's some sort of protocol they have to follow.

Sometimes they decide who will get the job already then do an interview for the hell of it.

A lot of times with many employers, they do needless interviews for the sake of giving interviews. Usually they already have someone else in mind or it's some sort of protocol they have to follow.

I know what that is like.

I worked in the cinema too. Worked there for two years. During my second year, they were looking for a new member of the management team. I told them I was interested, and they gave me an interview. But get this - another girl who wanted the job lived with one of the other members of management.

So the one who lived with the other girl, and her boyfriend interviewed me. I seemed to impress them, and at the end of the interview the guy told me I did really well. But the girl pulled me aside, and said "you know, Sarah really really wants this job". I knew right then they weren't going to hire me and hire her instead.

Yeah, keep up the good projection work, :up:

The right job will come around when it's time!

I know what that is like.

I worked in the cinema too. Worked there for two years. During my second year, they were looking for a new member of the management team. I told them I was interested, and they gave me an interview. But get this - another girl who wanted the job lived with one of the other members of management.

So the one who lived with the other girl, and her boyfriend interviewed me. I seemed to impress them, and at the end of the interview the guy told me I did really well. But the girl pulled me aside, and said "you know, Sarah really really wants this job". I knew right then they weren't going to hire me and hire her instead.

Yeah it sucks when people get picked or pampered because of favoritism.
I'm leaving in a few months anyway because I have to start filming.

i would quit and stand outside wearing a sandwich board sign saying
"THIS THEATER DOES NOT OFFER 3-D MOVIES!!!
IF YOU WANT 3-D LOOK NO FURTHER!!"
and then have an arrow pointing down to my crotch.
:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"