Stupidity at it's Finest: Flat Earthers

686640-Famous_Sunset_sunset_point_in_Oia_Valley-Fira.jpg

How do flat earthers explain that one??

With this cute drawing...

2736518118_50585678ee.jpg

Light doesn't really travel in straight lines on a large scale all that much in flat Earth.

Yeah, I have no respect for these guys at all. They do in fact need to die.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=21885.0

The original poster in that thread brings up a great point, and the more I look around that forum the more I see that its true. For all of their theories and seeming passion, they seem completely and utterly unwilling to take any steps to actually definitively prove their theories correct.

How does it ever get dark on Flat Earth???

686640-Famous_Sunset_sunset_point_in_Oia_Valley-Fira.jpg

How do flat earthers explain that one??

With this cute drawing...

2736518118_50585678ee.jpg

Light doesn't really travel in straight lines on a large scale all that much in flat Earth.

Wait. So they believe the earth is flat but not the sun? How does that work?

Wait. So they believe the earth is flat but not the sun? How does that work?

They believe the Earth is "special".

I'm reading their FAQ. They really are nothing but a pack of morons. They have so few answers. There are so many holes in their theories, that whenever something is brought up that contradicts them, they simply say "its part of the conspiracy".

Example...

Q: "How come the travel time by air from South America to New Zealand, via the polar route, is SHORTER than the travel time going North first and then South again?"

A: (Presumed answer: The airline pilots are misled by their GPS, or are deliberately conspiring to make it appear that the flights take different times)

What a cop out. It's just cop out after cop out after cop out.

One of the first things that popped in my mind was, how can one part of the world be dark and the other daylight on a flat earth? Their answer? The sun must be tiny. (I think they said 33 miles). And, for some unknown reason (they quite often throw their hands up and say they don't have all the answers) the sun acts like a spotlight, only illuminating one place at once. They have no proof that the sun is tiny. They only believe it because its the only way their theory of flat earth makes sense.

They believe the world is surrounded by an ice wall. Why don't they simply go to the ice wall to prove it exists? Because the government stops people from going there :whatever: But they seem completely unwilling to make the journey to actually find out. Their whole flat earth theory is just layers of excuses and convenient explanations with no basis or proof.

They're a pack of *******s. I dunno why its making me so mad to read their forum. Maybe because I innately feel ignorane is very dangerous. It's the same thing with creationists, creationists make me angry. Creationists put an unfair burden of proof on the other side will providing little proof of their own. Flat earthers are similar, but even worse. They scoff at the many photographs and footage of Earth from space, ignore that there are eyewitnesses (astronauts) who all must be part of the conspiracy, they ignore all the scientific data not to mention the many astronoumers and many many experts. They do this, and sarcastically put down people on their forum who say the Earth is round, all the while offering practically no answers.

^Oh come on...that cannot be real. They have to be joking.

This is quite humorous.

^Oh come on...that cannot be real. They have to be joking.

Unfortunately, these people are 100% serious. I just couldn't imagine meeting one of these people in real life and actually debating this in real time. I seriously think my head would explode.

From the Flat Earth Society website:

Aim: To carefully observe, think freely rediscover forgotten fact and oppose theoretical dogmatic assumptions. To help establish the United States...of the world on this flat earth. Replace the science religion...with SANITY
The International Flat Earth Society is the oldest continuous Society existing on the world today. It began with the Creation of the Creation. First the water...the face of the deep...without form or limits...just Water. Then the Land sitting in and on the Water, the Water then as now being flat and level, as is the very Nature of Water. There are, of course, mountains and valleys on the Land but since most of the World is Water, we say, "The World is Flat". Historical accounts and spoken history tell us the Land part may have been square, all in one mass at one time, then as now, the magnetic north being the Center. Vast cataclysmic events and shaking no doubt broke the land apart, divided the Land to be our present continents or islands as they exist today. One thing we know for sure about this world...the known inhabited world is Flat, Level, a Plain World.
We maintain that what is called 'Science' today and 'scientists' consist of the same old gang of witch doctors, sorcerers, tellers of tales, the 'Priest-Entertainers' for the common people. 'Science' consists of a weird, way-out occult concoction of gibberish theory-theology...unrelated to the real world of facts, technology and inventions, tall buildings and fast cars, airplanes and other Real and Good things in life; technology is not in any way related to the web of idiotic scientific theory. ALL inventors have been anti-science. The Wright brothers said: "Science theory held us up for years. When we threw out all science, started from experiment and experience, then we invented the airplane." By the way, airplanes all fly level on this Plane earth.

I wonder how people begin to believe this in the first place. I'd imagine it's mostly passed down from their parents, because I can't imagine anyone initially believing (rightly) that the world is round, and then listening to these people and saying "That's it, you've convinced me: The world is DEFINITELY flat!"

The more I go through the forum the more I think its a joke. Too many questions get answered by "its part of the conspiracy" or go unanswered altogether.

Its late. I really can't be dealing with this level of stupidity.

Good night Flat-Earthers, I'd appreciate it if you all went and jumped off the side of the earth while I'm sleeping.

KTHANXBAI

I made this thread,

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=22270.0

The flat earthers are yet to reply.

I've taken part in this thread,

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=21817.0

You'll see that they use very circular arguments and they often avoid very simple questions. The more you browse the forums, the more you find that this is the case. They keep saying the same things - "check the FAQ", "its a conspiracy", "the burden of proof is on you".

It leads me to think the whole thing is a joke.

Having read some of this 'Oscar Wilde's posts I have come to the conclusion they are whats medicaly known as BAT-****-INSANE

Yea I think this whole website is fake for ****s and giggles.

These Flat Earthers are using the Chewbacca defence!

Government

Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"

A: It's a conspiracy

Q: "What about NASA? Don't they have photos to prove that the Earth is round?"

A: NASA is part of the conspiracy too. The photos are faked.

Q: "Why has no-one taken a photo of the Earth that proves it is flat?"

A: The government prevents people from getting close enough to the Ice Wall to take a picture.

Q: "How did NASA create these images with the computer technology available at the time?"

A: Since NASA did not send rockets into space, they instead spent the money on developing advanced computers and imaging software instead

PLEASE NOTE This means that pictures confirming the roundness or flatness of the Earth DO NOT IN THEMSELVES CONSTITUTE VALID PROOF

Q: "What is the motive behind this conspiracy?"

A: The motive is unknown although it is probably money

Q: "If you're not sure about the motive, why do you say there is a conspiracy?"

A: Well it's quite simple really; if the earth is in fact flat, then the governments must be lying when they say it isn't.

Q: "The government could not pull off the conspiracy successfully"

A: Actually, they could.

Q: "How are the world governments organized enough to carry out this conspiracy?"

A: They only appear to be disorganized to make the conspiracy seem implausible.

Q: Why hasn’t this site been shut down by the government?

A: Doing so would prove that the government is hiding something.

Q: No way could the government possibly guard the entire Ice Wall! It would take too many men! Millions of men!

A: Not really. You could do it with a few hundred and some basic equipment.

Q: Why is NASA’s space shuttle runway curved?

A: It was specially constructed by NASA to be so. After all NASA are at the heart of the conspiracy.

Yeah, I lol-ed.

I was talking to a teacher the other day and she mentioned a teacher, a science teacher no less, in another district who was an active member of this group. She was releived from her teaching position for it. I just had to look this up and I gotta say, WTF?!?!? Check it out for yourself.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"