Superman Returns Superman II Continuity (Now Jam-Packed with Smilies)

scorn said:
Alright :up:, this issue has been itching at me ever since I rewatched Superman I and II. At the end of Superman II, Supes makes a promise never to abandon humanity again as he once did while Zod and his posse ran amok. In Superman I, Supes sets himself up as a hypocrite saying he never lies. :( Tsk tsk. Never say never Supes.
:supes:
Anyway, in Superman Returns he's suppose to comeback from some absence right? Well, what the heck... he just promised he wouldn't go AWOL. :eek: LIAR Superman! :o Liar liar red tights on fire! Liars go to the Phantom Zone :ghost:.

Anyone have any clues how the writers will make Superman not a liar? :)

There is a very good reason for him to leave. I won't spoil it for you. Watch the film.

venom420 said:
Vague History Sucks!!!

True.

BTW, I wonder what happened to the news about a Christopher Reeve double for some reshoots for Superman II. I wonder how much the double was used and how this will connect with SR.

Vague story is another name to "I´m a lazy bastard to restart the damn thing".

Either you restart the damn thing or you make a sequel to what was done previously

Isildur´s Heir said:
Vague story is another name to "I´m a lazy bastard to restart the damn thing".

Either you restart the damn thing or you make a sequel to what was done previously

I disagree...vague history is prominent in every Bond film that's been made. It has nothing to do with lazy, just assumes the general audience has a grasp of previous stories and can take some of that knowledge with them into this new adventure!

Bibs11 said:
I disagree...vague history is prominent in every Bond film that's been made. It has nothing to do with lazy, just assumes the general audience has a grasp of previous stories and can take some of that knowledge with them into this new adventure!
I have to disagree....
The James Bond movies were always about his missions, never about his life, so, they are always sequels.

venom420 said:
Vague History Sucks!!!
I agree. This could've be handled better.

If you want to bring a kid into this, most people will connect that back to Superman II and the sex scene in the FoS.

Singer can't have it both ways.

Isildur´s Heir said:
I have to disagree....
The James Bond movies were always about his missions, never about his life, so, they are always sequels.

exactly. he's exactly like that. I mean Did we see his origin at any point in the series? He's an episodic action hero like in a weekly show on the telly that doesn't really maintain any continuity but gives us the same character in a different plot every week. Supes, like spidey, has a story that goes from point a to point whatever at some time in his life...

Singer you've got some splainin to do, methinks :confused:

I'm thinking we'll know what's in and what's out by the next movie. Though, Singer did admit in the HBO special that Lois and Superman had a past relationship. Ummm...guess that's kind of vague...

I think people are reading too much into the line.

When he said "I'll never let you down again." - it was his recognition that the world will always need him. He meant that he'll never put his own personal life ahead of his duty - as he did when he decided to permanently forsake his Kryptonian heritage in favour of his personal feelings.

It didn't literally mean that he'd be on 24/7 standby for the rest of his life.

OneKnight said:
I agree. This could've be handled better.

If you want to bring a kid into this, most people will connect that back to Superman II and the sex scene in the FoS.

Singer can't have it both ways.

:up: :up:
Exactly and I would be ok with the kid being superman's(still hate the idea of superkid) if he explained it as from when he was depowered in SII.
Sadly we get no explination :(
and I won't even go into how someone like Lex who stole nukes and attempted to use them is out of prison in less than 5 years a free man not a wanted criminal because he would have to break out of prision because last I checked something like what he did they would never release him....
what he did wasn't like OJ killing his wife....its a tad bit worse IMO.

Chris M said:
I think people are reading too much into the line.

When he said "I'll never let you down again." - it was his recognition that the world will always need him. He meant that he'll never put his own personal life ahead of his duty - as he did when he decided to permanently forsake his Kryptonian heritage in favour of his personal feelings.

It didn't literally mean that he'd be on 24/7 standby for the rest of his life.

Isn't "his duty" to be on standby for the people of earth?

NateGray said:
:up: :up:
Exactly and I would be ok with the kid being superman's(still hate the idea of superkid) if he explained it as from when he was depowered in SII.
Sadly we get no explination :(
and I won't even go into how someone like Lex who stole nukes and attempted to use them is out of prison in less than 5 years a free man not a wanted criminal because he would have to break out of prision because last I checked something like what he did they would never release him....
what he did wasn't like OJ killing his wife....its a tad bit worse IMO.
no proof. no one knew he did it. It was only Superman who knew what he did and Superman didn't testify

scorn said:
Alright :up:, this issue has been itching at me ever since I rewatched Superman I and II. At the end of Superman II, Supes makes a promise never to abandon humanity again as he once did while Zod and his posse ran amok. In Superman I, Supes sets himself up as a hypocrite saying he never lies. :( Tsk tsk. Never say never Supes.
:supes:
Anyway, in Superman Returns he's suppose to comeback from some absence right? Well, what the heck... he just promised he wouldn't go AWOL. :eek: LIAR Superman! :o Liar liar red tights on fire! Liars go to the Phantom Zone :ghost:.

Anyone have any clues how the writers will make Superman not a liar? :)

although superman promised he says in the prequal comics to ma kent that when astronomers thing they have found krypton and it may have life he had to go and see . it was just something a person has to do. like if u say ull never leave someone but then u find out that someone found ur lost long brother what are you going to do? ur gona go and see him.

bsquad said:
no proof. no one knew he did it. It was only Superman who knew what he did and Superman didn't testify

LMAO did you even read what you wrote.... I mean why was Lex in jail then?????? yeh no idea they didn't know it was him but put him in jail anyways for 5 years....thats as bad as him gettiing out after only 5 years.

And that is just one area I could mention a dozen easy.

So our choices which are not expalined so we hve to guess, Lex was imprisioned for no reason for 5 years since it was superman that took him in, Or he got out after only 5 years after trying to nuke California.... yeh thats some big splainin we are not getting.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"