World SUperman's Origin Donner vs. the comics

[/b]

At what point did Clark decide on his own to do this? I don't think that is clearly established in the movie. He leaves home confused and unsure of what his role is, but then JOr-El gives him a purpose.

That is exactly the moment. When we see Superman in full costume for the first time.

By the time Lois interviews him he's already talking about his mission: "I'm here to fight for truth , Justice and the American way" or soemthing like that.

I even think he went to Metropolis and became a reporter precisely to be where crime happens.

That is exactly the moment. When we see Superman in full costume for the first time.

I think b/c there isn't a scene of him consciously deciding to become Superman, and there is the 12 year tuteldge by Jor-El, I think the movie suggests that it was Jor-El's idea as opposed to Clark's.
By the time Lois interviews him he's already talking about his mission: "I'm here to fight for truth , Justice and the American way" or soemthing like that.

Not sure what you're getting at.
I even think he went to Metropolis and became a reporter precisely to be where crime happens.

That's certainly his motivation for working at a newspaper in Superman #1, but I don't think it's stated per say in the movie.

Superman doesn't decide on his own at first, but eventually the decision comes down to him. In Superman II, he realizes he's the only person that can save the world and goes back to the fortress to try and get his powers back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"