Survivor: Millenials vs Gen X

I forgot your proclivity for the mediocre. :oldrazz:

I am actually curious to see how Cirie and Sandra will do. If Sandra played either of her seasons today, she would've lost both. Pearl Islands because it would've been a final three and Fairplay would've beaten her. Heroes vs Villains because, it seems anyway, bitter juries are slowly becoming a thing of the past. They will no longer reward goats and players who adopt the "anyone but me" strategy that Sandra is famous for. As the jury's treatment of Hanna and Ken showed, the jurors no longer respect that. It has been consistent in the past 5 or 6 seasons. The game has evolved past it. With a modern Survivor jury, Parv probably would've won (as Russell just went out of his way to piss folks off).

So I am curious to see how Sandra will do in the modern game. I actually expect her to be an early ouster.

Cirie, I am a bit more curious about. She has a strategic mind. Not as good of one as she pretends, but a strategic mind none-the-less. But the game she played nearly a decade ago isn't the game that exists today. Survivor is played at such a higher level by nearly all players. I foresee her being either an early ouster (as she doesn't contribute much to camp life or challenges) or an early juror, just as she was in Heroes vs Villains.

All that said, both should be weary of the fact that they are so far out of the game. Neither has played the game in 6 years and this cast is probably going to be primarily made up of players of the past 3-4 (recency bias tends to be huge in all-star seasons). Being as with Second Chance, there were so many pre-made alliances of recent players who simply knew each other from their involvement in the community, it might prove an uphill battle for players who have been out of the Survivor circle for so long.

I hope Sandra gets the boot early. She was the most undeserving winner in the 33 seasons.

She never won a challenge, her game was weak, and was lucky to have been next to Russell and have an extremely bitter jury.

The players would be fools if they don't get her out early on.

I´ll second hoping for an early Sandra exit. She is near the top of my least deserving winners list.

The list of returning players is not all that interesting, at least not the players they showed. Hopefully the "game changers" moniker will apply to the game itself and thus force players to play differently than in any other season (maybe straight to individual eliminations or with randomly selected teams that square off in each episode and the losers vote out one of their own?)

As for this seasons winner, I realized at final five that either David or Adam was going to win. Ken and Hannah were just the perfect goats to take to the end so no one was going to vote either of them out. It was just a question of who would manage to get to the end with them.

Here's to hoping for a three-peat from Sandra, that would just be perfection. I personally love the way she played her first two seasons and clearly it's a a good one since she's the only person to win this game twice. That ain't a fluke.

Here's to hoping for a three-peat from Sandra, that would just be perfection. I personally love the way she played her first two seasons and clearly it's a a good one since she's the only person to win this game twice. That ain't a fluke.

She didn't play. She was played for. Johnny Fairplay carried her and then Russell. She was the goat. She is what we make fun of someone like Phillip Shepard for being. Fans overlook that because she is witty. Production loves her so they give her a favorable edit and talk her up. But if you look at her game, it is near identical to Amber Birkch, Natalie White, and Danni Boatwright, none of whom are even slightly respected.

I didn't watch the finale but I'm not satisfied with the result. Adam's gameplay seemed really flailing to me. Didn't he spill a secret to Taylor, the guy whose island girlfriend he'd just voted out? And he insisted that David erroneously play his idol for Ken after listening in on the other alliance's whispers at tribal council. What did he do that he deserved to win over Hannah? She seemed to wield more control over the votes than he did. This is the second season in a row where the seemingly stronger player lost. I don't know what the editors are thinking.

I hate returnee seasons and have no doubt next season won't be the exception. I wish survivors were one-and-done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"