Swedish Hugs Are The Best!

Manic

User title? USER TITLE?!
Reaction score
I'm on a late-night roll, folks...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic.../29/international/i140948S30.DTL&type=bondage

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) --

While Swedes have a reputation of being reserved, a new study shows they'll hug just about anyone except their boss. Nine out of 10 Swedes embrace somebody at least once a week, with women aged 30-44 being the most active huggers, according to the study presented Thursday by the Swedish Red Cross.

About 70 percent of the 1,036 people interviewed between Nov. 5-8 said they had hugged their partner or spouse that week, while 59 percent said they had hugged a friend or acquaintance.

One-quarter had hugged a work colleague of the same sex, while 14 percent had embraced a co-worker of the opposite gender.

Only 4 percent hugged their boss.

The study by the Synovate polling institute also found that there is a certain etiquette to Swedish hugging traditions.

More than 80 percent said it was appropriate to hug a person in mourning, while 55 percent said they would hug a stranger who had just found their wallet.

Sixty percent said hugging a vague acquaintance at a party was not OK.

I love how they'd sooner hug a stranger than a vague acquaintance.

Swedish anything is good. Particularly the supermodels.

Yes. I've never heard anything rotten about the state of Sweden or it's Swedes

i hug my girl everyday , so what swedes.

Yes. I've never heard anything rotten about the state of Sweden or it's Swedes

Well, personally I'm not very fond of the politicians in Sweden. And while Sweden probably is one of the best countries to live in at the moment we have the same problems as most western countries. The rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer by every year

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"