• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Syn's Scratch Pad

Page 4:
comic4zq2.jpg

thirteen pages in two days....?! that's a BIG ask! i bet you could do with a little synhancement of your own...! congrats so far on the comic, i really like it. i especially liked the first two pages with the dude applying to be synhanced, so after these fisticuffs have wrapped i'm hoping for more of that slightly postmodern angle on things. i appreciate that backgrounds have been sacrificed for speed, but i like the drawing. the posing is very naturalistic and looks nice. keep it up man! can't wait to see the remainder...

thirteen pages in two days....?! that's a BIG ask! i bet you could do with a little synhancement of your own...! congrats so far on the comic, i really like it. i especially liked the first two pages with the dude applying to be synhanced, so after these fisticuffs have wrapped i'm hoping for more of that slightly postmodern angle on things. i appreciate that backgrounds have been sacrificed for speed, but i like the drawing. the posing is very naturalistic and looks nice. keep it up man! can't wait to see the remainder...

Heh. I see you like using my newly coined phrase. :p

Yah. 13 pages in 2 days is rough. i'm up to 7 now. hopefully i'll be able to make it. i don't see any sleep in my future though. unfortunately. and i've already made myself sick working on and or stressing over this monstrosity.

I'd like to sit down and take a few months to redo the comic once I've got the time to do it on my terms. i kinda like the story i came up with.

you're good at what you do, and I appreciate your input phig!

page 6:
comic6mr8.jpg

DUDE, very nice..
im really excited to see the final product..
p.s. Val has an awesome likeness, all the characters look really good, Drak could be a little more badass :p

Just wanted everyone to know that I managed to meet my deadline.

16-18 hour days, and one 33+ hour work session helped.
I'll be sure to get more if not all of the rest of the pages up tonight.

thanks for hangin in.

hi i couldnt post my own thread so i thought i would post my art on this thread heres my picture of spiderman black and white drawing with pencil so her it is hope u quote on it thx
w22glc.jpg

This is not your thread. Make more posts in other threads to be permitted to make your own. Don't clog someone else's thread up with your own work.

Hey guys. To anyone who's following the comic. I'm sorry it's taking so long for me to get it online. Since i rushed things to meet my deadline, I'm kinda going back and fixing panels that really bother me, and things like that. The showcase in which this will be displayed is on the 18th, so i'd like to get a better hardcopy done by then. Thanks for hangin tight guys.

can't wait to see it. good work on making your deadline!

Hey Guys. Still working on redrawing some of the comic. Here's the cover to tide you over:

cover2cp2.gif

Great work man. Cool storytelling and I like your style.

Hey thanks bud. You've got a lot of talent, and the complements mean a lot. Thanks for checkin out my work.

I've been burnt out from drawing the comic the last week or so. (which i guess happens when you work about 70/96 hours on something. I'll get some creativity back soon.

Alright guys. Starting on something new to pass time. I know i've got a horrible habit of not completing stuff. which might happen here. but i've decided to just do roughs of all of the characters before i start inking one. so i'll start off with the first.

buffyky8.jpg

I hope the likeness is worthy enough for you folks. :) i plan on doing a simple almost cartoon version of just about every major player.

Rock on. Enjoy.
-Syn

Alright guys. Starting on something new to pass time. I know i've got a horrible habit of not completing stuff. which might happen here. but i've decided to just do roughs of all of the characters before i start inking one. so i'll start off with the first.

buffyky8.jpg

I hope the likeness is worthy enough for you folks. :) i plan on doing a simple almost cartoon version of just about every major player.

Rock on. Enjoy.
-Syn

LOve the gesture and weight of this

Syn' are you light boxing these or free hand?

Free handing based on a number of reference images for each person. i'm trying to put together a image of large scale, every character seeming to fit together. I want to keep the actors proportions, so i've been frankensteining actor photos and using the pieces as reference.

Why do you ask?

Free handing based on a number of reference images for each person. i'm trying to put together a image of large scale, every character seeming to fit together. I want to keep the actors proportions, so i've been frankensteining actor photos and using the pieces as reference.

Why do you ask?

I was very impressed but would have been less so if traced

I was very impressed but would have been less so if traced

Thanks muchly.

It's bad enough I have to use reference materials. I admire how well you can compose gesture and anatomy from imagination. I hope to get that good at some point.

Anyone can draw from reference.

buffyky8.jpg

Rock on. Enjoy.
-Syn

looking great! lose the likeness and pose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"