Tax Returns

Mike_D202

Green Lantern's roommate
Reaction score
I never really quite understood the legalities of doing your taxes (other than you have to do them before april). I just got done filing my taxes, and I'm getting just a little over $600 back (thats with state and federal together). But my buddy who is in the same living situation as myself is getting back almost $2,000. Maybe next year I'll go to the place where he files.

It's got more to do with then simply living situations. It's got to do with how much money you make per year, how much you paid into taxes, etc.

Also what deductions you can make, I can claim the interest I paid on my student loan as a deduction, which increases the amount of money I get back.

Well, all of you know what I have to say about Filing taxes...

My accountant is worth his weight in gold. Well, okay, maybe aluminum. Definitely not copper, though.

jag

The first few times I tried to do my taxes myself and had my sister cross check the forms, she got a different answer than I did. For the longest time I used H&R Block to do my taxes for me. The trick is, that once you get them done professionally once, you can use it as a baseline next year (as long as nothing major changes in your life or in the Tax filing process)

I have a great tax guy. I got 9G coming back. I love selling cars.

I just use the standard deductions. I don't give a that much to charity, I don't own a home, I don't have wife or kids, and no student loan. :csad:

If you donate more than $200 worth of **** to Goodwill, they give you a blank receipt and you can write in whatever amount you want. Not that I did that, but a friend did and he got a ****load back because of it.

I do mine by hand. I don't buy software, and I don't pay someone else. Sometimes, I love being an accountant.:woot:

If you donate more than $200 worth of **** to Goodwill, they give you a blank receipt and you can write in whatever amount you want. Not that I did that, but a friend did and he got a ****load back because of it.

Really..? :wow:

That sounds like bull****. But hey i could be wrong..?

My mom filed my taxes...I'm looking to get about $600 back, I can't complain.

Well for the record I'm getting a whopping 275 dollars back.

i did my taxes online, haven't efiled yet, BUT

it says they took to much money from me in medicare :huh:

anyone can help me out?

My family got back a little over 5K this year. Next year should be better with my new pay raise. Being married and having a child gets yo so much more back. But I remember my single days when I didn't get more then $700 back.

Since I spent so much money on school this year I get to take Lifetime Education Credits which significantly increased my refund.

I was expecting 700.00 hundred if lucky this year then because of the semester of college i did last year that because i made some payments on a student loan that i was getting over 2,000.00 back , and I did .

Waiting on my T4 then I'll be off to find out what I get back. For some reason my job likes to wait till the last possible day to give us our T4s. I always thought that they had to send them directly to your home by law, but they all get sent to the store (who then holds on to them till feb 28). God I hate where I work sometimes.

Really..? :wow:

That sounds like bull****. But hey i could be wrong..?

I don't know if they all do it, but that's what the one by me did. I was right there w/ him when the lady handed him a blank receipt to fill out. She said it was normal procedure when asked.

I remember working in the US and getting quite a bit back having used H&R Block. After all the costs a made few thousand back which was quite nice given my salary at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"