• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tax Time! Tax Question Here...

knowsbleed

Avenger
Reaction score
Arguments ensue here in my workcenter. Topic of discussion yesterday was this:

Brothels are legal in Nevada. SINCE they are legal institutions, I was wondering if the employees of said institutions receive W-2s and have to file taxes. Do they have to claim tips and extra wages? Is anybody here employed at one of these businesses that could enlighten us?

What is their actual title? Sex-giver-er?

Ahh... the pondering... it keeps me up at night.

Arguments ensue here in my workcenter. Topic of discussion yesterday was this:

Brothels are legal in Nevada. SINCE they are legal institutions, I was wondering if the employees of said institutions receive W-2s and have to file taxes. Do they have to claim tips and extra wages? Is anybody here employed at one of these businesses that could enlighten us?

If they're actual employees of the brothel, they would receive a W-2. And, like anyone else, they would have to pay taxes on both tips and wages. And if they're not actual employees, they'd still have to report their earnings from their profession. The legality of a business doesn't negate that business from having to pay income taxes or that wages/tips earned aren't also taxable.

Technically, the income of drug dealers is taxable, and they can be prosecuted for tax evasion if they don't file a tax return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"